• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I can't possibly describe how awesome this feels so I'll let this dog do it for me.

epic-win.jpg

Level 24
Well students really are only good at one thing, getting as high grade as possible with as little effort and knowledge about the subject as possible. Anyway good luck -Kobas-.

I uploaded map earlier this day. Feedback is appreciated as always.

Btw I found silly errors in Custom Inventory and because I crafted it fast I now realized few critical mistakes.

I already fixed some but I will need time to completely rewrite some parts of code.

Well guys that would be almost all. I won't present new things anymore.
Everything is here and more or less it's working right :D

As soon as exams finish custom missile script will be improved and we will be able to finish last great code, SAVE/LOAD to make this map compatible with next versions in future without losing your progress.

Terrain increase Save, load time in WE and such things so I try to delay it's expanding as much as I can, but when I finish coding and make sure everything work fine, you will be amazed how easily and fast terrain will be generated. I can't say same for Object Editor work (items, creeps and NPC units and quests because I must wait for other to fix/improve my English).

I expect to finish this until end of the year.
And that would be all.

Level 3
There are two things I found while playing (Seriously, this is an awsome single player orpg~ Can't wait for the full version :p)
1. Whenever you pick up say a "rusted" item or any other such item, the inventory automatically creates a perfect version of the weapon giving the stats of a perfect ver. rather than the rusted/regular/etc.
2. There are some pathing errors. Specifically around the smaller camp to the east. I managed to somehow find a gap and loop around all the way through the rocks into the main camp... (If someone can recreate and post a screen shot, that'll be helpful ^^'' [No idea how to post images ~.~'']
So far those are the only things I have encountered.

Level 11
So far I have found only one Weather bug, when I turn the RPG camera ON and walk up a high cliff the Rain stops and when I get up the cliff it gets back again lol

As for other stuff I love them ^_^

----edit----

and, hey dont ask me how this happend lol !~!

Guys I finally found some time and more important devotion to work in Object Editor.
So far I fixed that bug where any item class become perfect in Custom Inventory.
So that means that number of items increased 5 times in start :D

I will try to re-code custom inventory and remove all bugs there was.
After so many nice and encouraging comments I decided to finish this as soon as possible.

Exams are so far epic, I passed everything I had in first shot, so I expect nice results at the end of this month. This beauty will be finished this year for sure. Expect nice progress guys.

Small spoiler:
- Common Items -
(Creeps level: 0 -10) Iron/Fur/Wooden Items
(Creeps level: 11-20) Steel/Leather Items
(Creeps level: 21-30) Crystal Items
(Creeps level: 31-40) Mithril/Arcane Items
(Creeps level: 41- --) Elven Items

note: Creeps above level 21 (for example) can still drop both Steel/Leather and Iron/Fur/Wooden, not just Crystal Items.

Instead of 18 I decided to go with 60 slots :D
Also I added that dummy hero like model for attachments.

Also I will replace units with trackables here as well.

EDIT:

Oh, awesome, I found way how to improve old system, and new code is really faster and easier.
Right now I just need to finish with moving items in UI and that's it.

I finished fixing items last night, so I will be able to add some new today, and maybe some quests as well.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Ok Custom Inventory works perfectly now, you will be able to see 5 times more items in new version.

Also I crafted new quest message system to replace cinematic transmitting (because of wait and ugly code ^_^) .
New system use dialog buttons so you can read message unlimited number of times or remove whole dialog instantly so there is no any kind of wait and quests will become super fast.

Level 24
I have to agree with marko9 on this point since a good quest and storyline is the backbone of a good RPG you want them to stick out from the rest of the maps.

Guys I added that small present to uploaded map, write testtt and see it yourself :)

Well, I just finished it, everything works fine and all that is left now are abilities.
You will need shadow essence to learn abilities.
Some cost more some less, also you start with some shadow essence so you can learn spell or 2 on start.

In next version if possible I would like to present around 20 abilities, 9 basic ones and around 9 advanced ones (Hero level 10+).

Map version so far 0.7.7.0

So you expect progress :)

Camera system is improved, you can press ESC to swap changing Z offset/distance from hero with ARROW_UP, ARROW_DOWN.
New creeps, replaced old system, new creep stats, item drops.
New Talent Tree System, 4/9 spells created.

Many bugs fixed/systems improved, first of all custom inventory, creep revive system now recycle units and so on.

I will finish creeps and abilities tomorrow so just few new quests left.

Status
Not open for further replies.