• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with seeing maps in Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have been having a problem lately with not being able to see maps in warcraft 3 itself. Sometimes its maps that i downloaded and sometimes its maps that i made myself that all of a sudden dont show up. It's strange that if they are open in World Editor and i test the map it will work even through i cant find it or even join a game with the map in it.

The same map can work on other computers fine, so i guess it hasn't become corrupt. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I would like to know how to fix it because its on the compuer that i use to make maps and it is very frustrating.

Level 9
- Are you using Mac?
- I suppose you have the latest patch(?) 1.24b
- The maps don't show up when you try to create the game, right?
- Is it possible that the problem is your Computer?

First thing I'd try is Reinstalling Warcaft.
Apart from that, I need ANY further info available.

Level 2
I'm not using mac
It's fully updated
They just dont appear in any list in Warcraft 3, such as singleplayer custom scenario, multi create game and when someone else creates a game with the map file and I try to join it begins to go into the chat room then quits out, also the pic is a "?" and all details are"?s" in the join game screen.
I have lost my CD for Warcraft 3 ROC so I would like to see if i solve the problem without reinstalling but can borrow it off a friend if i need to.

Level 9
- Last try before you reinstall, place the maps outside the "Download" folder, just in "Maps" folder and try joining.

- You only lost your CD or also your CD-Key?

In case you lost your CD-Key:
If you borrow it off a friend, your friend and you won't be able to join b.net at the same time. Since you already have the wc3 installed, use this Warcraft III CD Key Grabber to subtract your CD-Keys.

Level 2
Wow, one of the maps did work when i took it out. Hmm thats weird. Will probably need to reinstall though becuase it didnt work with all of them. Will try the CD key extracter you suggested a bit later. Thanks mate. +Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.