• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

problem with model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
the model im trying to import doesnt show up its only like a shadow,i closed the editor opened my map again its just the same and whenever i put the dmx it changes to dml,need help

Level 4
Same problem here. I download model, import and in "Art - Model File" I change to 'war3mapImported\HeroEant.mdx' but after 'Ok' it automaticlly changes to .mdl and then I try to place model on map it shows only shadow.

Level 16
Same problem here. I download model, import and in "Art - Model File" I change to 'war3mapImported\HeroEant.mdx' but after 'Ok' it automaticlly changes to .mdl and then I try to place model on map it shows only shadow.

Make sure you imported all custom textures and typed proper path.

Model path change (to .mdl) when pressing ''Ok'' doesen't matter.

Level 11
now i know i reread the instruction remove the war3imported/ at the object manager
use custom path then remove the war3imported/ TY hiveworkshop ^^v

Level 11
here...when i open world editor then import manager then i imported the file,when it is imported double click it then use custom path like war3imported/Trollsamurai.mdx,Remove the war3imported/ so it will be Trollsamurai.mdx,Close the editor then open it again the model is there ^^
So Its Like This
1st Step
1st.jpg

2nd Step
then right click then IMPORT FILE
2nd.jpg

3rd step Select your file
3rd.jpg

4th double click the file then check the box of custom path
4th.jpg

5th Remove This Part
5th.jpg

Then It Will Look Like This
6th.jpg

6th put the model to any unit
7th.jpg

7th Place it in the map(It will represent as a green cube)
8th.jpg

close the world editor open it again and here it comes
9th.jpg

I Hope i helped you ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.