• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

custom skins team color problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
im trying to edit the marine model

this file path im using.
units\Critters\Marine\SpaceMarine.blp

im trying to add desert camo skins, but whenever i import it, its still the teamcolor.

im using gimp

Team color is defined by the model itself, not the skin only. It's something like an "event object (it's not, but I can't explain it better)". In order to remove the team color, open Warcraft III Viewer, go to View -> Find, get your Marine model and then go to Current File -> Extract MDX...
Open MDLX and convert the extracted model. It will convert it into mdl. Open it with Notepad (it does that automatically, most likely), scroll to Textures, replace the
Code:
Bitmap {
		Image "",
		ReplaceableId 1,
with something else or delete (be careful if you don't know what you're doing) [if you delete it, remember to set Textures count to Textures count - 1. If the model has 7 textures and you delete that, type 6 now.]

You most likely need to replace it though, because deleting it will also delete parts of the model.

Level 4
Team color is defined by the model itself, not the skin only. It's something like an "event object (it's not, but I can't explain it better)". In order to remove the team color, open Warcraft III Viewer, go to View -> Find, get your Marine model and then go to Current File -> Extract MDX...
Open MDLX and convert the extracted model. It will convert it into mdl. Open it with Notepad (it does that automatically, most likely), scroll to Textures, replace the
Code:
Bitmap {
		Image "",
		ReplaceableId 1,
with something else or delete (be careful if you don't know what you're doing) [if you delete it, remember to set Textures count to Textures count - 1. If the model has 7 textures and you delete that, type 6 now.]

You most likely need to replace it though, because deleting it will also delete parts of the model.

ya it crashed my world editor lol.

it shouldnt be this complicated, all im trying to do is re-skin the marine. theres tons of marine skins here and none of them come with a custom model that disables team color.

Status
Not open for further replies.