• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arctic Marine Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I've just made my first skin. Its an Arctic Marine Camo. Also could be used as an Urban Marine Camo.

So ya...

Cause no one answered my request of Arctic Military things, this is the first line of lots of arctic skins im planning to make for my upcoming map Tactical Commander 2. (Sequal to the first map here on hive) (Also by me)

So comments... suggestions...

----UPDATE----

The Arctic skin has been updated and replaced, The old skin has been made into an urban skin. (See next page of thread)

Last edited:
Pulse was a misspell, rofl...I ment PLUSE* if you still dont get it Its this: +

IMO = In my Opinion

I have no clue what that meant. And of course its meant to be white, ITS ARCTIC CAMO. DUH, Camoflauge! Whats the use if the camoflauge was like RED? THEY'LL SEE YOU THEN WONT THEY?!
Rofl. I went it made it look...BLAND..BLANK...NOTHING TO IT...Of course, there is plently to it and such, just looks bland IMO.

Level 7
Alright, translate:

IMO:

Pulse:

I have no clue what that meant. And of course its meant to be white, ITS ARCTIC CAMO. DUH, Camoflauge! Whats the use if the camoflauge was like RED? THEY'LL SEE YOU THEN WONT THEY?!

WONT THEY?!?!?!
Lol
LMFAO!!! I don't know if that was serious or just to be funny, but it was pretty f'in hilarious.

Yeah, Hes allways busting me for my spelling...
EDIT: This is what he said, exept I fixed all that he did wrong in his post.
Alright, translate:

IMO:

Pulse:

I have no clue what that ment. And of course it’s meant to be white, IT’S ARCTIC CAMO. DUH, Camouflage! What’s the use if the camouflage was like RED? THEY'LL SEE YOU THEN WONT THEY?!

WONT THEY?!?!?!
Lol

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's good seeing you take the initiative to learn so you can make your own skins, rather than only relying on others to do it for you. I'm impressed.

Keep at it and you'll only get better.

Level 10
It's good seeing you take the initiative to learn so you can make your own skins, rather than only relying on others to do it for you. I'm impressed.

Keep at it and you'll only get better.

Thanks.

like it a lot, but someone made a good point: the snow isn't pure white, it is more blueish. But that is sweet overall

Thanks and i suppose your right, i should make it a bit
more bluish...

Yeah, why should other make them if you can make very good at your own. IMO, if you submit it into skins section, it should be approved.

I did upload it this morning onto skin section actually.

http://hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/960/

Level 12
Level 10
Second Skin

I decided to make another skin, this time a green camo marine.

Hey, im getting the hang of this stuff.

And nice idea Chaos, ill look into that, but Illidian is very touchy about his models (I hear) I doubt he'll let me. I got my own things to do anyway.

Next up (In this thread) DESERT CAMO!!!

Attachments

• Green Marine.BLP
    73.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Green Marine Screen.jpg
    Green Marine Screen.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 171
Level 10
New Arctic Skin, Updated Urban Skin.

Rofl.

I've made a New Arctic Skin that better match's the back like you guys suggested.

And i've decided to turn the old arctic skin into something it match's more. An urban skin!

So, here are another 2 skins (one is the same)

The Arctic skin is now my 4th skin today! YAA! GO ME!

Attachments

• Arctic Marine.blp
    80.2 KB · Views: 95
  • Arctic Marine screen.jpg
    Arctic Marine screen.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Urban Marine.BLP
    87.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Urban Marine Screen.jpg
    Urban Marine Screen.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 134
Level 12
Ok please stop. I have been trying to skin some camo for the last half an hour or so and it's still horrible. Could you make a quick tut so I can see what your doing? Oh yeah, those are so awesome. Lol I have been trying to make urban camo for a while.

EDIT: Hey Arab can I have the RGB values for your colors on the Arctic one in case I want to make an arctic skin (I have been working harder on mine and now it looks cooler and I like it) so I can have it match.

Last edited:
Level 3
RGB means red-green-blue, the three colours used on monitors to project the colours you see.

Every colour has an RGB value; for example, black is 0,0,0, and the brightest red would be 250,0,0. He's asking for the values of the colours you used on the Arctic Marine; how you find that is dependent upon the program you used. If it was Photoshop, then go to the colour-picker and select the main colour you used, then go to the colour-creation and look at the RGB numbers on the lower-right. If it was another program, tell us what it is and someone here will be able to let you know how to find out the value.

Level 10
Modern Villager

Whats with the ghost marine in the background?

Oh, this is in WE.

Thats the placement thing...

Lol.

So anyway, here's some other model skin.

Its a villager, ONLY MODERN.

REAL DC SHOES!!!

!!!

Path is:
Units\Critters\VillagerMan\VillagerMale.blp

Attachments

• Modern Villager.blp
    73.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Modern VIllager Screen.jpg
    Modern VIllager Screen.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 352
Status