• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Political Hive: Religions and their influence in societies and politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
"Go on, blow yourself up in the name of Alah, it is a great honour, don't worry about your family, we will look after them. What? YOU DON'T WANT TO? YOU COWARD! GO AND BLOW YOURSELF NOW!"
Things like that aren't brainwashing? (And I present it as a joke D:)

Level 9
Al'Qaeda's leaders are rich, Hamas' leaders are rich, but those people who go to blow up are always poor. And don't think that the leaders of these organizations really believe in the crap they say, they just do it for money. And I fear we will never know who pays them.
I repeat: I'm saying that fanatism exists because fanatics live in poor countries, how else would you explain it?
Is islam an "inferior" religion according to you?
Are those countries in the middle east filled with violent crazy people?

Al'Qaeda's leaders are rich, Hamas' leaders are rich, but those people who go to blow up are always poor. And don't think that the leaders of these organizations really believe in the crap they say, they just do it for money. And I fear we will never know who pays them.
I repeat: I'm saying that fanatism exists because fanatics live in poor countries, how else would you explain it?

We the crazy people you know^^

Level 14

Actually they the pay for the families of suicide bombers after they've done whatever it is they did.

What are you smoking? Who said Islam is "inferior"? And that has nothing to do with the topic.

Science and religion (not) coexisting, is what the topic is, so you tell me, what in God's name do terrorist organizations and money have to do with that topic? On the slim chance that anyone replies with a half-way decent answer, let me say this: 1.) Yes terrorists from the arab countries are generally religious extremists, but that has nothing to do with the topic. 2.) Yes money is important everywhere, but this is a theoretical debate and thus money matters do not matter.

Level 9
We're not only having a debate "science vs religion".
We're speaking about "religions and influence on society". I was telling that terrorism is where poor people are. Our personal little debate started with this your post, unapproving my point.
Don't give me that crap that the Arab countries aren't as rich/advanced as other capitalists.

Look at the UAE or Saudi Arabia the amount of money that those people have is frightening.

Science and religion have nothing to do with money. The end.

After this I tried to explain why this your thaught, according to me, was wrong. I think now you agree that science and religion, as everything, have something to do with money, and that those two states you mentioned contain the only small, rich part of the population of the middle east.
That's all.

I spoke about race and inferiority because I was asking you this:
If you don't agree with my thaught "terrorism rises among poor people", how else would you explain terrorism?
Do you perhaps think it's a matter of race??

Level 14
Alright, I was mistaken about the overall thread subject, but before that we were discussing science and religion. My bad.

Terrorism rises amongst everyone. The KKK is considered a terrorist organization. The uprising of terrorism has nothing to do with race or creed, though they base their beliefs on things such as these, terrorism is not specific to one race or one creed. There are Zionist terrorists, there are white supremest terrorists, there are black supremest terrorists.

Terrorism is not a matter of race.

Level 5
I sigh at the people in this thread. People saying things like "Islam evoled in a less developed country and thats why its harsh and violent."

Ilamic beliefe isent violent. The jihad thing is about as harsh as the Christian "You may kill in war."

Muslime beliefs are as extreme as christian and jewish and other beliefes. Everyone pictures it as this Harsh evil Brainwashing realigeon thats make people kill themselves.

To be honest most people arent able to have a realigeos debat without bias.

On to sience.
Sience, in fact, can PROVE realigion. In the chritain bible it sayes First god made sea creature THEN land creature. Evolution anyone? There are many cases like there were science actually proves realigion.

Level 27
every second a childrin die because they have not enough money to buy food or medicine, how many die every second because of suicide bombers? I just ask?

WTF! What has money to do with this? They're problem is not money! They don't have it! They don't have food! Anyways i doubt third world countries will ever be able to have a successful economy just because of all the fucking leaders that are corrupt, tyrants, or dictators that just keep the money for themselves.

To continue on the religion-issue with me.

There are anti-western Muslims.

There are extremists all around, satanists ectera.

(Since when were crusades NOT for getting people to believe in god? Im talking about those ones)

I didn't say that religion it the main problem of the world. Why do people always say something they think they are understanding out of what you just wrote. And man, calling me fucking unknowing. Like you know that much of the world... I KNOW RELIGIOUS PEOPLE JUST WANT PEACE. BUT, in the end it DOES come down that they don't like people having other religions.... thus the extremists... and as long religion is there... extremists will be there...

As someone already said (I believe hakeem) humans seem to be very stuborn in what they believe, and i believe that religion is a waste of time and keeps you from the real reason of living. I think it are just fairytales that COULD contain PARTS of the turth but are nothing more then get money from people in the medieval ages or to explain happening that could not be explained around the time that happend.

The main reason why people still believe in god is that the question 'How were we, the universe, and everything created' is still unanswered. Why do you else believe in god? If there was a answer on that question NOT involving god, would you still believe? I think not, i HOPE not because you have to be a damn fucking retard to do.

Ok and now i stop about religion shitting. The whole subject has been fucked in all his holes for the last few days i believe
so let it rest.

Level 24
WTF! What has money to do with this? They're problem is not money! They don't have it! They don't have food! Anyways i doubt third world countries will ever be able to have a successful economy just because of all the fucking leaders that are corrupt, tyrants, or dictators that just keep the money for themselves.
What do you mean the problem isn't money? They don't have money so they can't buy food.

There are anti-western Muslims.
And there are anti-Middle-Eastern Caucasians. What's your point?

There are extremists all around, satanists ectera.
I'll have you know that Luciferianism has nothing to do with mass murder. Also, who's going to miss one goat every few months?

(Since when were crusades NOT for getting people to believe in god? Im talking about those ones)
The crusades were actually never about converting people. They were about liberating the Holy Land from "infidels", and the first one was actually instigated when a Greek-Orthodox (Christian) nation asked for help defending their borders from the Saracens. One of the crusades actually had that very city pillaged, so it was never about conversion.

I didn't say that religion it the main problem of the world. Why do people always say something they think they are understanding out of what you just wrote. And man, calling me fucking unknowing. Like you know that much of the world... I KNOW RELIGIOUS PEOPLE JUST WANT PEACE. BUT, in the end it DOES come down that they don't like people having other religions.... thus the extremists... and as long religion is there... extremists will be there...
You are once again proving your ignorance. Most religious people will not push to convert people to their own religion, and are in fact happy that others are also religious, even if not in the same way.

As someone already said (I believe hakeem) humans seem to be very stuborn in what they believe, and i believe that religion is a waste of time and keeps you from the real reason of living. I think it are just fairytales that COULD contain PARTS of the turth but are nothing more then get money from people in the medieval ages or to explain happening that could not be explained around the time that happend.
Okay douche, religion is not about the stories and tales. Religion is about what you believe in, and how you are supposed to behave. The stories are almost universally merely the examples of and justification for those beliefs.

The main reason why people still believe in god is that the question 'How were we, the universe, and everything created' is still unanswered. Why do you else believe in god? If there was a answer on that question NOT involving god, would you still believe? I think not, i HOPE not because you have to be a damn fucking retard to do.
And again, you prove yourself to be a douche. People believe in God for all sorts of reasons; a sense of purpose, a crutch to stand on when they need one and no friends or family are available. People turn to religion a hell of a lot more for things like that then for "zomg wtf do we exist for must be God lololol".

Level 27
What do you mean the problem isn't money? They don't have money so they can't buy food.

Still, the main problem is that they don't have food. The_Silent doesn't prove to really explain himself and make vague statements. But ok, i meant you don't NEED money to have food, you also could go hunt... (Yeah im serious)

And there are anti-Middle-Eastern Caucasians. What's your point?

They live in my country... But hate us.. That is liek wtf.

I'll have you know that Luciferianism has nothing to do with mass murder. Also, who's going to miss one goat every few months?

I can assure you that anti-cosmic satanism is about destroying the universe.

The crusades were actually never about converting people. They were about liberating the Holy Land from "infidels", and the first one was actually instigated when a Greek-Orthodox (Christian) nation asked for help defending their borders from the Saracens. One of the crusades actually had that very city pillaged, so it was never about conversion.

Anyway, it was what i meant. But where did i get the idea from then that they were for conversion? Im sure i read it somewhere...

You are once again proving your ignorance. Most religious people will not push to convert people to their own religion, and are in fact happy that others are also religious, even if not in the same way.

Most... Luckily...

Okay douche, religion is not about the stories and tales. Religion is about what you believe in, and how you are supposed to behave. The stories are almost universally merely the examples of and justification for those beliefs.

O'rly? Its just like saying you know something is total bullshit but you think believe in it to make you happy. Thats like when saying that animals don't have souls from christian view, and because my rabbit recently died i presume he wouldn't have a soul lol? Whered he go? Nowhere? Explain the definition of soul.

And again, you prove yourself to be a douche. People believe in God for all sorts of reasons; a sense of purpose, a crutch to stand on when they need one and no friends or family are available. People turn to religion a hell of a lot more for things like that then for "zomg wtf do we exist for must be God lololol".

Are you religious? If not, they how do you know. If you are then i will ask it like this. 'How are you going to believe in god when all the proves of his existance have been busted?'

Level 14
Still, the main problem is that they don't have food. The_Silent doesn't prove to really explain himself and make vague statements. But ok, i meant you don't NEED money to have food, you also could go hunt... (Yeah im serious)

One of the only true things you've said.

Anyway, it was what i meant. But where did i get the idea from then that they were for conversion? Im sure i read it somewhere...

It wasn't. Considering the Crusaders killed everyone in Jerusalem when they got there...

Most... Luckily...

Completely asinine.

O'rly? Its just like saying you know something is total bullshit but you think believe in it to make you happy. Thats like when saying that animals don't have souls from christian view, and because my rabbit recently died i presume he wouldn't have a soul lol? Whered he go? Nowhere? Explain the definition of soul.

There is no clear definition of a soul, and you're a retard for asking. It's called faith. Do you believe in anything?

Well, other than your own belief that you're right and no one else could ever fucking be right.

Are you religious? If not, they how do you know. If you are then i will ask it like this. 'How are you going to believe in god when all the proves of his existance have been busted?'

I can't respond for Teh_Ephy, but I myself am. No one knows for sure. Once again, it's called faith.

Even if it's not true, if having faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior makes me a good person, WHAT THE FUCK does it matter to you?

I suggest you look at how many people are good people because of religion. I know at least a hundred people whose lives would have sucked if they didn't have religion or church/fellowship to go to in time of need.

Just because religion isn't for you doesn't mean you have to talk down to people who do believe.

Level 27
There is no clear definition of a soul, and you're a retard for asking. It's called faith. Do you believe in anything?

Well, other than your own belief that you're right and no one else could ever fucking be right.

Woohoo, where's the explanation i asked for? Or do you like to give empty answers and calling people retards when they're just asking for something to explained. Why doens't your faith have a definition for souls? Why am i a retard for asking? When theres a fucking creator of whole MANKIND they better give me some good answers to EVERYTHING or i ain't in it!

Why don't you know mh?

And no i don't have a believe, i better am sure of what im doing and not wasting my whole freaking live on something that hasn't even been proved properly.

I can't respond for Teh_Ephy, but I myself am. No one knows for sure. Once again, it's called faith.

Even if it's not true, if having faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior makes me a good person, WHAT THE FUCK does it matter to you?

I suggest you look at how many people are good people because of religion. I know at least a hundred people whose lives would have sucked if they didn't have religion or church/fellowship to go to in time of need.

Just because religion isn't for you doesn't mean you have to talk down to people who do believe.

I quote that people are to stuborn to change they're opinion. Especially about these kinds of things.

Level 14
I'm too tired of useless arguments with people that refuse to see that other people have different views.

1.) Prove we don't have souls or that God isn't real.
2.) And you yourself are stubborn to the nth degree. And you didn't answer my question. Hmm.

If you can actually think of a valid argument message me.

Level 27
I'm too tired of useless arguments with people that refuse to see that other people have different views.

1.) Prove we don't have souls or that God isn't real.
2.) And you yourself are stubborn to the nth degree. And you didn't answer my question. Hmm.

If you can actually think of a valid argument message me.

1- lol, prove he is real, prove we have souls. You could go both ways with that question so shus.
2- I did answer one but i think you mean 'What does it matter to me' and i was only talking about those people who do use religion as an excuse for violence.

There you go, not good enough?

Level 14
1- lol, prove he is real, prove we have souls. You could go both ways with that question so shus.
2- I did answer one but i think you mean 'What does it matter to me' and i was only talking about those people who do use religion as an excuse for violence.

There you go, not good enough?

1.) Prove to me that we don't. I could do this all day. :D
2.) No you didn't. So people use religion as an excuse for violence. People also use race as an excuse for violence. Maybe we should abolish race!
3.) No, it's not.

Last edited:
Level 1
Well IMO Religion hasn't been a huge deal for a long time, until now the new age genocide

but still think what money has done

poor people mug and kill others, pull off heists, kidnap kids and much more every day

and IMO terrorists don't kill us because we are a different religion, its because we are a different country, and they want to be the best country.

Both ARE important issues but we NEED money, we don't NEED terrorists, and a lot of Christians kill, but so do a lot of muslums, and every other race, so we need to get used to the idea that both won't stop.

Level 24
I can assure you that anti-cosmic satanism is about destroying the universe.
That is not extremism of a certain group, that is a cult.

Forced conversion did happen during the crusades, but they also happened other places and with other religions, and with other causes than religion. The main purpose of the crusades was conquering, not conversion.

Way to miss the fucking point. The stories are not the basis of being religious, the beliefs are. And now, I'm going to do the immature thing and just tell you to fuck off because no amount of effort is going to get you to understand.

Excuse me, but I've said time and again that [HIGHLIGHT]there is no motherfucking way to prove God's existence or nonexistence[/code]. Explaining how something happened is different from explaining why it happened. So again, I'm going to do the immature thing and just tell you to fuck off because no amount of effort is going to get you to understand.

Quoted for motherfucking truth.

Woohoo, where's the explanation i asked for? Or do you like to give empty answers and calling people retards when they're just asking for something to explained. Why doens't your faith have a definition for souls? Why am i a retard for asking? When theres a fucking creator of whole MANKIND they better give me some good answers to EVERYTHING or i ain't in it!
I believe the Christian definition of a soul is the link between corporeal body and ethereal mind. The medium through which the two meet. The Hindu and Buddhist definitions of a soul is the core existence of every living being, the one thing that remains constant between reincarnations. Is that good enough for you?

And no i don't have a believe, i better am sure of what im doing and not wasting my whole freaking live on something that hasn't even been proved properly.
Oh, so since it was never proven that it's possible to gain enough lift to get a machine carrying a human to fly, the Wright brothers should never have invented the aeroplane. Since it was never proven that that one person's organ could survive long enough to be put into another person, that it would be likely to work in another person, people should never have tried transplant surgery. Since it was never proven that stem cells can live up to all the hype, humans should never have started the research in the first place. Since it was never proven that an atomic bomb would actually work, the US never should have even tried, and instead should have sacrificed hundreds upon thousands of soldiers and thousands upon millions of Japanese to force Japan to surrender in World War two. What kind of useless fuck are you? Every single fucking thing in your life that you take for granted was not proven to work until the time and effort had been put into completing it. You'd rather not waste your time on something that hasn't been proven? You, sir, have just insulted every innovator in the history of humankind. Congratulations.

I quote that people are to stuborn to change they're opinion. Especially about these kinds of things.
And you're one of those stubborn people, eh? <3 delicious irony

Level 12
okay, you guys should seriously stop, and many of your arguments have flaws

1. THERE IS A WAY TO PROVE GODS EXISTANCE

Its just that we can't actually create the proof. If God would appear in the sky and prove to us he is God, wouldnt that mean that he would exist?

2. You are all stubborn.

3. Extremists are part of a Cult, atleast according to Wiki

" "Cult" typically refers to a cohesive social group devoted to beliefs or practices that the surrounding population considers to be outside the mainstream."

4. Ephy, i think you misunderstood what wand_mirror said about the "wasting my whole life thing"

What he means is that, correct me if im wrong wand_mirror, please, certain religions have claimed that things have happened or things will happend, without any proof. Example, people might have claimed back in the day that there is no way for a human to be flying in any sort of way, but here is the thing. No proof for something being possible is not proof of it being impossible. Example, only becouse we have no proof that god actually exist doesnt mean he doesnt. In this case, only becouse there was no proof of human flight being possible didn't mean it wasn't.

There is a difference between "Having no proof of something happening or have happened" and "Having no proof of something that hasnt happened or won't" and this is the difference between the religions and the innovators in this case. Innovators wanted to prove something happening, something that there wasn't any proof of happening.

5. Wand_mirror, i belive in bullshit, and it makes me happy.

Its called Hope you know. Teenages believing in getting toghether with someone they like, even though they know deep inside its not going to happend.

Think of it like this. You are lying paralysed on the road. A car suddenly appears and starts driving towards you. The driver or any of the passengers have any clue that you are there. Now, you can either just realise "Oh holy shit they are going to run over me" or you can hope for "Something to make them not drive over you" like any of the passengers suddenly noticing you or a person saving you or anything. I must say, I hope for many things, A great job in the future, a girl I like to be mine, winning the lottery, yet I know those things are likely not going to happend, hence, those things are bullshit, but i still believe in them.

6. "I'm too tired of useless arguments with people that refuse to see that other people have different views"

This kinda goes for all you of, and while Im at it, I respect all your views upon whatever you view upon, aslong as you repect my view.

7. There are many different Christian definitions of a soul.

8. Religion is a waste of time? Oh give me a break

Many things are a waste of time, and why arent we discussing them instead. Well, maybe becouse we are in this topic, but that is what Im trying to say. Example, me writing this fuckin post is a waste of time. A kid playing football(soccer for some of you) and then looses his both legs in a car accident(or sabotage of some sort, doesnt matter). For what good was it that the kid was playing football only to not be able to do it again? Becouse if was fun, and it might have made him get his mind off other things. This is the same thing with religion. Whether or not its true, it gives people hope, and might just turn out to make the persons life much better, even if the whole thing was a lie.

now, my oppinion(or argument, you may call them whatever you want) may have flaws aswell, but atleast I will admitt them when you tell me about them

now ill leave you to flaming me, goodday gentlemen, and god speed

Level 24
1. THERE IS A WAY TO PROVE GODS EXISTANCE

Its just that we can't actually create the proof. If God would appear in the sky and prove to us he is God, wouldnt that mean that he would exist?
Yes it would, but there is no way for us to cause that to happen, hence there is no way for us to prove God's existence.

Level 27
I didn't say that religion it the main problem of the world. Why do people always say something they think they are understanding out of what you just wrote.
Because that is what you wrote. It seems to me that it was not your intention to say this, but since you have not fully mastered the English language, you did not properly convey your meaning.
The various organisms that it sheltered...
prove he is real, prove we have souls. You could go both ways with that question
I would try, but I doubt you would fully understand it.

Okay, here's a question for you:
Do you think sdkuhvjiofbknhvjnidvuehmclfhvdfjbhnfvnc exists?

You would be stupid to say no, because you know absolutely nothing about sdkuhvjiofbknhvjnidvuehmclfhvdfjbhnfvnc. If I had proof that sdkuhvjiofbknhvjnidvuehmclfhvdfjbhnfvnc existed, you would be proven wrong. The best answer you can give to that question is "I don't know. I'm sorry Hakeem, please forgive my incredible ignorance on the matter, but I'm a complete retard when is comes to sdkuhvjiofbknhvjnidvuehmclfhvdfjbhnfvnc."
Well, a simple "I don't know." would suffice, you don't have to beg for my forgiveness.
The point is, when there is no proof, you best remain neutral. It's my job to show you proof that sdkuhvjiofbknhvjnidvuehmclfhvdfjbhnfvnc exists, but until then, nobody can know.

Level 13
sdkuhvjiofbknhvjnidvuehmclfhvdfjbhnfvnc. I've seen it. Really. (Just for the lulz)

Anyways, this is all about faith, to believe in something when only the doubt exists. It only depends on how a person sees the world: we can compare it to entering a room in complete darkness: some people will indmediatly think that it's empty, others that there is someone there. And we will continue arguing over this until we hit that "someone" while walking around the room accidentaly or someone is clever enough to turn on the light.
Personally I find it easier to believe that at this moment and during these last years, no one is up there. It may differ from your point of view, but that's only my opinion. Other want (or need) to believe that there is someone looking after them all, quite understandable. We just shouldn't insult each other just because our views of the world are different.

Level 27
That is not extremism of a certain group, that is a cult.

Ok.

Forced conversion did happen during the crusades, but they also happened other places and with other religions, and with other causes than religion. The main purpose of the crusades was conquering, not conversion.

Humpf. Ok, i was kind off wrong about that then but i don't have history so...

Way to miss the fucking point. The stories are not the basis of being religious, the beliefs are. And now, I'm going to do the immature thing and just tell you to fuck off because no amount of effort is going to get you to understand.

Indeed.

Excuse me, but I've said time and again that [HIGHLIGHT]there is no motherfucking way to prove God's existence or nonexistence[/code]. Explaining how something happened is different from explaining why it happened. So again, I'm going to do the immature thing and just tell you to fuck off because no amount of effort is going to get you to understand.

Really, you have no idea how i found the idea that we are created by god a hilarious joke. If i didn't knew any better i would laugh my ass of. But if he exists, seriously, i can't believe in something that i haven't seen with my own eyes.

I believe the Christian definition of a soul is the link between corporeal body and ethereal mind. The medium through which the two meet. The Hindu and Buddhist definitions of a soul is the core existence of every living being, the one thing that remains constant between reincarnations. Is that good enough for you?

So if something alive has a soul, does it have to be intelligent and have emotion etc? Or is it not of the matter? Or don't you know ^^?

Oh, so since it was never proven that it's possible to gain enough lift to get a machine carrying a human to fly, the Wright brothers should never have invented the aeroplane. Since it was never proven that that one person's organ could survive long enough to be put into another person, that it would be likely to work in another person, people should never have tried transplant surgery. Since it was never proven that stem cells can live up to all the hype, humans should never have started the research in the first place. Since it was never proven that an atomic bomb would actually work, the US never should have even tried, and instead should have sacrificed hundreds upon thousands of soldiers and thousands upon millions of Japanese to force Japan to surrender in World War two. What kind of useless fuck are you? Every single fucking thing in your life that you take for granted was not proven to work until the time and effort had been put into completing it. You'd rather not waste your time on something that hasn't been proven? You, sir, have just insulted every innovator in the history of humankind. Congratulations.

Oh, i seemed you miss the point that we were talking about the creation of the human race and everything else

And you're one of those stubborn people, eh? <3 delicious irony

I also included myself if you didn't notice. Im aware im stubborn, i ment with that that YOU will never change your mind about god existing and that i WILL NEVER change your believe or get you to NOT BELIEVE in god. But i also know you will never change MY opinion. So it was for the both of us.

Level 27
About being stubborn, people may have been stubborn to believe people could or could not fly. Now that we know we can fly, only the people that think we can't fly are stubborn. I'm not stubborn, I've reached the right conclusion. ;)

I finally remembered to say what I was going to say about the original topic! :D

Religion does not affect politics, it affects people's beliefs. Those beliefs have an effect or not.

Level 24
It kind of feels like God's existence is probable, but in the end I don't give a shit one way or another if God exists. My problem with you is that you tell others to absolutely deny God, and you spit in the face of religion without acknowledging that it has done far more good than bad.

Really, you have no idea how i found the idea that we are created by god a hilarious joke. If i didn't knew any better i would laugh my ass of. But if he exists, seriously, i can't believe in something that i haven't seen with my own eyes.

Oh, i seemed you miss the point that we were talking about the creation of the human race and everything else
Way to miss the fucking point twice in a row. The stories are not the important part of religion, the morals are. The extra crutch when you need one is the point. The improvement to a person's character is the point.

So if something alive has a soul, does it have to be intelligent and have emotion etc? Or is it not of the matter? Or don't you know ^^?
If we're talking Christian, then a soul is the link between mind and body. If you consider intelligence or emotion requisite for having a mind, then yes, intelligence and emotion are necessary for a soul. If we're talking Hindu/Buddhism, everything has souls and intelligence and emotion, but the degree to which they express it varies.

I also included myself if you didn't notice. Im aware im stubborn, i ment with that that YOU will never change your mind about god existing and that i WILL NEVER change your believe or get you to NOT BELIEVE in god. But i also know you will never change MY opinion. So it was for the both of us.
And again, you prove yourself to be an ignorant fucking douche. I don't care that you don't believe in God, I care that you go around telling people in an irritating, obtrusive way that they shouldn't believe in God either.

Level 27
Way to miss the fucking point twice in a row. The stories are not the important part of religion, the morals are. The extra crutch when you need one is the point. The improvement to a person's character is the point.

That's even more stupid than i thought.

If we're talking Christian, then a soul is the link between mind and body. If you consider intelligence or emotion requisite for having a mind, then yes, intelligence and emotion are necessary for a soul. If we're talking Hindu/Buddhism, everything has souls and intelligence and emotion, but the degree to which they express it varies.

And you are?

And again, you prove yourself to be an ignorant fucking douche. I don't care that you don't believe in God, I care that you go around telling people in an irritating, obtrusive way that they shouldn't believe in God either.

lol, so you care about me while i don't care about you. Cool, now i can live my life knowing somebody cares about me =p

Level 24
Level 27
Level 5

So you dont belive in air? :ugly:

Dude, you are as misguided as can be. Honestly. Religeon has done alot of bad but also alot of good. Its people who minipulate religeon for thair own perposes.
Someone should close this thread : /.

Level 5
You said you cant believe in something you cant see. You cant see air. Or gravity. At this moment you cant see your own eyes, but you still believe in them, you beleive they exist. You just cannot accept that a greater being exists. You cant exept that there is something out powerful enogh to creat life... or destroy it. You fear it and condem it.

That is why this thread should be closed.

Level 27
You said you cant believe in something you cant see. You cant see air. Or gravity. At this moment you cant see your own eyes, but you still believe in them, you beleive they exist. You just cannot accept that a greater being exists. You cant exept that there is something out powerful enogh to creat life... or destroy it. You fear it and condem it.

That is why this thread should be closed.

As i said, i find the idea of a god as ridiculous as stories about dragons and such. (Sure i find them fun but if you think dragons are real you're quite stupid. Get it?)

Suddenly you state i fear it, ok. If you can state things like that then i can also say you're a monkey. Or maybe you can't just say i will fear it, maybe you don't know. And you're probably not a monkey.

And your example of 'what i can't see i don't believe' is ridicilous. I know you're making a joke of it but that you take that as an example... you can't be serious. But yeah, now the religion subject is fucked in all the holes AND torn from the inside out.

Level 5
1. I was serious about the not being able to see.

2. I may not be able to read your mind but your posting is preatty obviouse

Either your scared and just run and hide from it or your just someone who dosent understand the subject one-bit and wants to act smart.

Which is it?

Level 14
sdkuhvjiofbknhvjnidvuehmclfhvdfjbhnfvnc. I've seen it. Really. (Just for the lulz)

Anyways, this is all about faith, to believe in something when only the doubt exists. It only depends on how a person sees the world: we can compare it to entering a room in complete darkness: some people will indmediatly think that it's empty, others that there is someone there. And we will continue arguing over this until we hit that "someone" while walking around the room accidentaly or someone is clever enough to turn on the light.
Personally I find it easier to believe that at this moment and during these last years, no one is up there. It may differ from your point of view, but that's only my opinion. Other want (or need) to believe that there is someone looking after them all, quite understandable. We just shouldn't insult each other just because our views of the world are different.

Unfortunately, we are never going to hit that "someone" until we're dead.
Let's have a race, I'll give you all head starts :D

I fail to see how it's easier not to believe, but that's just me. No point really to argue.

Lol don't be so stupid?

Btw, why should they close it? =/

This is what Teh_ephy, is talking about, you ignorant fuck. Anytime someone says something good about religion, or that they believe, you belittle it or them.

How about the next time you say something like that I report you for being a complete piece of shit and waste of air on this planet?

I hate people who have an over-arching sense of self rightness. I'm glad for you that you don't believe in God. It makes it easier for me to hate you and everything you stand for.

Sadly though, because of my Christian belief, I am forced to believe that someday you will go to Heaven, albeit after paying your penance in hell by being assfucked by Adolf Hitler, but that's not the point.

It's a fucking debate, not a "let's hate and call everyone stupid" thread. I don't care if this get's reported, I'll just report every single post you've made which has belittled someone else's beliefs or someone else's character.

You fail at debate, and you fail at life.

Level 5
Anyway of wash my hans of this.

Just remember one thing

"Freewill means to be able to go in any direction."

People fight hard if they want to believe in something. I Advise you all to leave others and there religeons be.

BTW i found this while searching for other threads on religeon. Wand you have to re-think your morals.

Thats not what i meant with survival. I meant kill to survive, save yourself and not someone else... offcourse im not saying you should be selfish all the time... But you first better ensure you're alive before trying to save your buddy.

Last edited:
Level 27
This is what Teh_ephy, is talking about, you ignorant fuck. Anytime someone says something good about religion, or that they believe, you belittle it or them.

How about the next time you say something like that I report you for being a complete piece of shit and waste of air on this planet?

I hate people who have an over-arching sense of self rightness. I'm glad for you that you don't believe in God. It makes it easier for me to hate you and everything you stand for.

Sadly though, because of my Christian belief, I am forced to believe that someday you will go to Heaven, albeit after paying your penance in hell by being assfucked by Adolf Hitler, but that's not the point.

It's a fucking debate, not a "let's hate and call everyone stupid" thread. I don't care if this get's reported, I'll just report every single post you've made which has belittled someone else's beliefs or someone else's character.

You fail at debate, and you fail at life.

Hahahaha, sure flame it up =D Say i go to hell lol, HAHAHAHA!!!

Thats what i think of what you just said, the HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! part.

I didn't start flaming, you guys did. (Or does that sound to childish for you to BELIEVE! XD

BTW i found this while searching for other threads on religeon. Wand you have to re-think your morals.

Huh? Explain.

Level 24
Well, in my opinion. Religion is fine as long as it does not go to far. There are people out in the world using religion as a tool, much like a weapon. The crusades for example, jihad is another example. I am not a believer, but neither got anything against religion.

Level 14
Rofl. Way to use the wrong name, newb.

I refuse to respond to The_wand_mirror anymore because of his complete and utter newbness at all things involving life.

Level 11
I think that religion can be a part of people's lives, but it should not influence the politics. I mean, what if you apply every biblical rule to a society. You can keep a slave, if he is from another country. You can't be jealous, or you will be punished. You can't accept that there are other religions.

The problem is not that these rules are bad, it is that they are old. They were good when people wrote them. But if we started to apply old rules, that would mean that we are going backwards in the evolution, and finally we are all chimps. In an evironmental perspective that's really good, but I don't think we would like that.

Level 24
Hahahaha, sure flame it up =D Say i go to hell lol, HAHAHAHA!!!

Thats what i think of what you just said, the HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! part.
1/10

I didn't start flaming, you guys did. (Or does that sound to childish for you to BELIEVE! XD
Uh, "we" did not start the flaming, I did. I refuse to have others take credit for my work; that is plagiarism, and plagiarism is illegal. Also, you laid out the tinder, and you started the massive fucking stupid. You're just as much to blame for this flamewar as I am, and you're nothing but a troll for continuing to spout idiocy when the entire rest of the thread agrees that what you are spouting is fcukign stoopid. Also, if you'll recall, the first punch was thrown by you right here:
religion is a waste of time and it holds people back.
That was not thrown at anyone in the thread, but it was you taking a shot at religion, so I decided to take shots at you.
Sure some religions may be based of spiritualism and stuff, but you can't take that risk in my opinion religion should perish. That is the first step to a world without war, oh yes... there will always be violence... but we can at least prevent some of it by manipulating some of the outcomes. But we won't do that, because were all fucked.
And here too. So, basically we won't get rid of religion because we're all fucks? Oh look, I think YOU were the one who started flaming first after all. I apologize for plagiarism by claiming to have started the flaming.

Level 14
Actually he's tried that. But the "idiots" don't understand because they are just that, "idiots".

Anyway, there is no reason for the rules to be bad just because they're old. The Constitution is old, the Magna Carta is old, albeit not as old as the Bible, but still.

I personally think that the Bible has adapted well to the times. Remember the Reformation? or the Counter-Reformation?

Status
Not open for further replies.