• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pokemon RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I received message from HFR, added the flat part in the Upper Right corner of the map, where Houses and Battle areas and such will be.
I added 4 regions for Battle Areas already (Forest, Snow, Dungeon, Dessert), the rest seemed unneeded so far.

Message sent to Zeron including the Map. Good Luck ;)

BTW: HFR, Good Job on the village!

Level 8
got it! i gotta work out then go mow 5 ACRES. Illl get alot done by tonight and post scrnshts.

Battle Area Screenshots
attachment.php
Forest battle

61030d1248176478-pokemon-rpg-scrnsht-pkm-2.jpg
Winter battle

attachment.php
Desert battle

attachment.php
Cave battle

I am havving a lil trouble doing the dungeon though... can i just make it a cave?*well did it anyways...:bored: so here it is... waiting for Yixx to see were he wants me to put the forest path(if he want it even from starter city-whatever city, or even for a side-quest/quest)

Attachments

• scrnsht-pkm-1.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-1.JPG
    269.5 KB · Views: 264
  • scrnsht-pkm-3.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-3.JPG
    221.2 KB · Views: 285
  • scrnsht-pkm-4.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-4.JPG
    219.1 KB · Views: 254
  • scrnsht-pkm-2.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-2.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Level 8
OH WELL... were goin a wc3 style and i did what I imagined the terrain to look like in my head but thanx! This is the first time im working on something real, a project, or something that will be finished lol! gosh i need yixx to get on so he can tell me were he wants me to make the forest pathway and goin were!

Level 16
Those areas look pretty cool, but can you give us a screen from above, like it would look in the battles? And i couldnt look in the map due to slooooow computer so instructions on new terraining-assignments will come

EDIT: Do not double post, remove one of those 2

EDIT2: Fix your 't' button, i had to think before i understood what you said ><

Level 16
Ok i had a look, and i know what to do now:
HFR made 2 rock formations. One left of the city, and one upper-left of the city. Make the upper-left one go on untill the sea, so it will become enclosed. Make 1 extra hole in it, a small one. Now around the village, between the rocks will be forest. One main road passing through the left opening in the rocks, and one 'sneaky' (small) path going through the other one. The beach stays almost untouched. Oh, and make the forest not too thick, so you can still easily look through it with Normal Game Camera.

The Battle Camera will be angled in Z-Axis, which means only the 'facing' of the camera will be changed, almost. Though with the new areas, i dont know wether it will be changed to the right or to the left.

Level 8
OK well here are the shots.... they will look better angled from the groun or low to level or looking up . but they look ok from top. and i will get to work now.

and what kinda forrest? palm trees and such? dessert? summer? fall? what?...

I had some posting problems....

*edit I just fixed were u can see the map border in the first shot.

Attachments

• scrnsht-pkm-5.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-5.JPG
    248.7 KB · Views: 100
  • scrnsht-pkm-6.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-6.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 71
  • scrnsht-pkm-7.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-7.JPG
    279 KB · Views: 104
  • scrnsht-pkm-8.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-8.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 102
Level 16
Looks ok, though the area seems a little small =\ ,, could you make the terrain go on the borders of the regions only? And clear the middle part from trees etc, cause there is a battle going,,

Forest: Just a summer/normal forrest.

Level 8
Ya i am using some UTM trees in the forrest and i used UTM doodads there. i Just wanted to limit them becouse of what HC said about using them. But im redoing it anyways so if u want ill use all UTM trees.

*fixed my dam noobish problem with pokeball... need to change file formats from .gif to .png is all.

Attachments

• image copy.png
    image copy.png
    10.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Wow Zeron, very good terrains you made there. Just some advices on your last one (the forest):

- The yellow bushes don't fit with the forest. Either recolor them or replace with a better suitable one.
- Why there's a cobble path in the middle of a forest? And there's a tree growing at stone (o_0)
- Sunken Ruins sand doesn't blend well with the grass. Use dirt instead.
- Don't put lumpy grass in excess. Use the grassy dirt as base, then cover it randomly with grass, and then, just do a bit of lumpy grass, focusing at the borders.

Level 16
Ok, Zeron, thanks for giving us a clearer view on the size, it seems good after all ;)
If you make sure that this fits in every area well, then it is ok.
1 thing: Don't only follow HFR's and TDHX's improvements, also learn from them,, that saves critique next time you give us WIP :p

Level 8
ok,ok... I got it HFR and yixx. Ill Fix the forest and believe me yixx I am learning this is my first project realy.

One thing guys. I went to bed last night at 11 after talking to my GF. I had growing pains and didn't fall asleep till 5:30. Had to get up at 7 I am leaving now to work out.

If that makes you go huh? I am 13. lol it wasn't a good night.

*edit- I did what yall requested. The cave scrnsht isn't present becouse it was good how it was. just made a lil more room. I made more space for battle and used all UTM trees and doodads. looks better now i think so here up/down view of the three...

Attachments

• scrnsht-pkm-10.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-10.JPG
    232.1 KB · Views: 131
  • scrnsht-pkm-11.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-11.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 120
  • scrnsht-pkm-12.JPG
    scrnsht-pkm-12.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Level 38
The cave one doesn't work for me - needs to have more rocks/stalagmites/something. BTW the four battle areas I came up with grassland, cave, water, and indoors. With a forest, winter forest, and desert/jungle forest I'd say you have the grassland arena covered, your already working on a cave one, but you defenetly need a water arena. Water is the second most common element in R/B/Y, and the most common one in G/S/C. + it could be accessed through surfing and fishing :D
If your going to go inside buildings to take out gym leaders/team rocket/team cake-haters/team master-debtors you should have an indoorsy arena to :D

Reactions: HFR

HFR

HFR

Level 22
So, for the water area, I suggest 2 arena types:

1) For the open seas, lakes and rivers: Deep water with some heightened terrain for the pokemons, it can be rocks.

2) For caves: For underground caves, deep water with some areas covered with that higher water (that I forgot the name) for the pathing. Also, stalagmites and rocks for the boundaries.

Level 8
well I have some extra time so ill make those.
@TDHX-thanx
HmmmHUhmmmmm dudu duhmmmm. mbumb bumb bumb, Da bum!
*edit- I have did wat i see can be done for now. I will pass on map. I have got a lot done. Ask Yixx for pastebin link. I did what Yixx wanted but i didnt add water arenas becouse i need the regions and i think that the main terrain template is more important for now and i do believe that thats is TDHX's job he is main terrainer right? passed on.

Last edited:

HFR

HFR

Level 22
You guys need to update the first post :D with more screenshots and charaters presentation etc.

Nah. Just read the 2,625 posts and you'll be fine.

Guys, while I was doing nothing, and then I found this.

This model is so awesome, but soooooo awesome (don't bother, HC), that I had an idea: As this model is a castle that morphs into a giant robot, why not make it the <insert evil team name here> headquarters? When the player (finally) defeats the leader, the evil guy turns the castle into a robot, kicking the player out of it. Then, a legendary pokemon appears, and says:

"Mr. Player, control me"

And now you must control TEH UBER MEGA PWNAGE POKEMON against TEH GIANT ROBOT WITH BALLS OF STEEL.

Before you ask, I'm not drunk.

Level 18
that robot looks like Regi-steel or regi-rock or some shit.

its pretty cool.

but the castle will have to be a doodad...because the textures are shitty, and itll have to be bigger.... the robot might have to come out of the castle.

Btw i have the map and putting TDC on hold while i do this map.

--- anyway for a better idea for the castle, the castle should be some sort of secret project ...like another human made project...and it transformers into a pokemon...by using a laser beam, they transform things into pokemon ( like in transformers with the allspark ) and the evil team decideds to point the laser at the castle, and it turns into an ultimate as transformer pokemon.... whether you want tomake it capturable or not is up to u guys w.e

Level 3
People, i dont get it. You say that it is 2% done. Thats funny! U ARE WORKING ON THIS MAP 6 MONTHS!!! If that is true, i will see Final Version of this RPG on my 60 year :confused:

Level 15
Hey, I am interested in your plans, I started a pokemon map 2 years ago and it didn't work well because of stress and negative feedback. I guess this time around, I will give you a helping hand reguarding abilities casted by pokemon themselve. Remember to make the damage system as alike to the gameboy series as possible. IMO 150 pokemons with models is abit too unreal for multi-player platform. Btw, get prepared for the SC2 World Editor as well. Meanwhile, contact me via my email, I seldom check the mails here and it's more troublesome replying in Hive. My email is [email protected]. Give me a task, give me a dateline, I will submit it to you on time as much as possible.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Answering some "questions":

- Yes, you'll play this game when you'll have not 60 years, but 90 (30 for making the quests).

- Ok, SC 2 will come, soooner or later, but, when it comes, it will not be the end of the world. Or you think it's possible to create a forest using zerg eggs?

Level 16
Destiny.knight. I am not really into 'random guys' helping. We got an excellent team of terrainers. 2 great modellers, 1 2D art maker which delivers decent work and 1 decent triggerer, myself. The team is full and we dont need more people. And if we do decide to hire more people, we get people who deliver quality on a regular basis and who are well-informed.

Naim, calm down. This is a huge map. Though i know i have started this thread way too early, which i regret, but it is no different. The team is up and progress is being made (especially in Terrain section ATM).

Level 3
Naim, calm down. This is a huge map. Though i know i have started this thread way too early, which i regret, but it is no different. The team is up and progress is being made (especially in Terrain section ATM).

OK, sorry because i am annoying, but i just want to play this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.