• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Please stop Stretching Pages with Signature Content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Greetings,

I have been growing increasingly annoyed with people posting humongous images in their post signatures, so wide that they stretch the page to the point were I have to scroll side to side to read an article or look at a resource.

I know its not a problem for all of us, but the fact of the matter is we don't all have super wide screen monitors to display such signature without problem, most of us have standard width monitors, I even have a small widescreen monitor and it still stretches my screen.

Perhaps the admin could fix this so that if your signatures are too wide they will be cropped of at the right side of the page, so as not to stretch the page at all.

Forgive me if this isn't the forum for this complaint but Off-Topic didn't seem to fit considering the topic of this thread.

Thanks for your time and concern,

Regards,

Jake

Level 35
/Signed.

At another site, we have signature limitations which are actually enforced by the site admins/moderators, who remove the sig manually and replace it with a warning note.

The same should be done, if not an automatic limitation tool which we have for the sig height already.

Level 9
/Signed.

At another site, we have signature limitations which are actually enforced by the site admins/moderators, who remove the sig manually and replace it with a warning note.

The same should be done, if not an automatic limitation tool which we have for the sig height already.

I agree with you statement Zombie, an automated system should be created to either alert admins or automatically remove signature content that is too wide.

I'm still hoping to hear one of the admin's opinions on this matter, not from an "official" stand point mind you, just to see how they feel about this.

Regards,

Jake

Level 35
Just turn off signatures? I had forgotten I turned them off for a few months and had noticed that the forum seemed much cleaner.

Where will I put my epic DSG quote then? Something like that has to be memorized.

I think a lot of other users feel the same way about their own sig, imo there's no harm in spamming stuff to every post that no one reads/clicks but provides the user with a feeling of importance anyway.

I'll be glad to remove sigs that stretch the page.

There are differences in resolution I think, there should be a universal limitation for sizes.

Level 21
Well why do you have big sigs in the first place than avatars?

Oh and see to it if my sig goes beyond the limit, because just wondering if I'm any part of this.

Level 40
Where will I put my epic DSG quote then? Something like that has to be memorized.

I think a lot of other users feel the same way about their own sig, imo there's no harm in spamming stuff to every post that no one reads/clicks but provides the user with a feeling of importance anyway.
I don't mean forum-wide, I just mean the personal setting in your User CP.

Level 24
What year is this? Get a bigger monitor.

Unless one is, you know browsing on a netbook/laptop.

@ OP: Thanks for bringing this issue up, if there is something in particular (someone's signature), please use the report function. However, it doesn't really merit much discussion, so closed.

Besides that, we'll look into enforcing limits on signature width. (Trigger? :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.