• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

v1.30 stretched high res loading screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I did search the awesome and infinite internet before littering this forum with another thread, but can't come up with solution on my own...

Short version: Is it possible to have a high resolution loading screen stretched to 1920x1080 (or anything wider than 4:3) in warcraft v1.30 (my map is not compatible with 1.26 anyway)? If yes, how?

Long version: I (and probably a lot of people) use full hd monitor and want to take advantage of this during map loading. Since blizzard removed the "stretch resolution tick box" from video options, good old loadingscreen.mdx with 512x512 blp gives 4:3 cubic image during loading screen with black sides. The old "high res" loading screen that makes 1024x768 image into 4 separate (2x 512x512 + 2x 512x256) ones does the same thing - gives you slightly better res cubic loading screen.
The registry edits that change your res also became kinda broken with latest patches. Plus many kids don't know how to do that. And i want to deliver my map to a wide and stupid (sorry for that, just an expression) masses that do not fiddle with their game files.
So now i am not sure if there even is a solution. Since warcraft's resolution is locked (displays greyed out 1024x768) in options, but actually gives the game in your native resolution, only in 4:3 cubic with black, unused empty spaces on the sides, until it loads the game, where it is stretched and nice. My problem is that this stretching comes after the loading screen.
Can I make a loading screen that is stretched to full res? Preferably in blp textures, which i know can be 512x512 at maximum, to save file sizes. Or atleast using the heavy tga files.
Or its warcraft's problem and i can only hope and wait for further patches to address this?

Status
Not open for further replies.