• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading Screen is Low Res Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've been working on making a loading screen for one of my maps. I used Magos's model editor to turn the image into a 512x512 BLP file and used a downloaded LoadingScreen.mdx

I'm running into a couple of problems though:

1) The loading screen is an ugly little square which leaves giant black bars to left and right (My resolution is 1920x1080 if that helps explain the problem)

2) The loading screen text which I had typed into the world editor shows up in the bottom left corner (overflowing out of the square and into the black areas on the left. I'd rather have that in the bottom right where loading screen text usually appears

What can I do to make the image fit the screen without such massive black bars?

Level 18
you need to upload a model (mdx) file and it will stretch it (the 512x512 blp file/skin/image) to the screen. Use the one found it this tutorial: High Resolution Loading Screens

use the one found in this tutorial because there are several "LoadingScreen.mdx" that are really old are for a 3:4 monitor. Try using the one from this tutorial then tell me if it works and then i'll try to help you further if that doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.