• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Loading Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm having a problem with my custom loading screen.

I have imported my LoadingScreen.mdx file and my FullScreen.blp file(my load screen), and then I have selected LoadingScreen.mdx as the custom load screen file.

When I go to test the map, the loading screen that appears is a different .BLP file that appears at the top of my imported list.

any idea on how to fix? or what i did wrong?

Level 2
Are you sure it is in the Right Size? there are programs on hive that can set your blp to the correct size and Format, also I think that Loading Screen file type is .mdx correct me if I am wrong

Level 12
the picture has to be 512 x 512 pixles to work

LoadingScreen.mdx - Did you just randomly create it? Try downloading this one instead - http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/loading/LoadingScreen.mdx
FullScreen.blp - Did you have a file and change the extention to .blp just by typing .blp (if so you have to get a program that can save a file as .blp then open the picture and save it as .blp)

Last edited:
Level 3
make sure to set the background used in the map properties menu to your imported one. and remove the 'war3imported\' from the path.

and as manstie said, make sure to have converted it to blp via the image extractor

Status
Not open for further replies.