• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Please Help Me, (Im Stuck With This Hard Ability thing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Well, I'm trying to make a Custom Hero Wars Game. Firstly you pick your hero, then you go to the next step to choose what abilitys you want. But when the ability is added, it just adds the ability, i want it like so it is a normal ability added to the hero and you are able to level it up etc when you level up. Not like Hero Wars Custom Legends.

So, can anyone help me? I really need help or it's gona be harder to work with my map :(.

ThankYou.

Level 8
I never played this maps but i think i can assume what's happening.
Check in if the "Stats - Is a Hero Ability" is checked to "True" in you ability in the Object Editor

Level 4
Mmm... So you want to add "Hero Ability" and can be leveled up with skill point? Not the "lumber" point... Use "Unit - Add Ability". Add all abilities that you want and then "Set level of Ability for Unit" to 0.

Maybe it looks like DotA OMG...

Level 11
Nope doesn't work either,
here is my trigger.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.2 KB · Views: 163
Level 11
It's simple, You choose your hero you want, then you go in the steps of getting your choice of abilitys for that agi/str/int hero. Ultimate , Standard , And Normal or what ever.

And im at the part where i want the abilitys to level up with points or what ever.

Level 5
Do the player handpick each ability? Or is it like choosing between different packs of abilities?

Level 14
It's simple, You choose your hero you want, then you go in the steps of getting your choice of abilitys for that agi/str/int hero. Ultimate , Standard , And Normal or what ever.

And im at the part where i want the abilitys to level up with points or what ever.

I know what you want; I wanted to know what that trigger you posted did... why didn't it work? Could they not level them?

Level 11
The ability gets added to the hero sucsessfully but you can't upgrade the ability using the skill point what ever, I don't want it when you need lumber/food or what ever to upgrade your ability.

Well basicly what im saying is Making it a ''Normal Hero'' while adding your own abilitys (customly) but it doesn't work, you cant put them to Level 2 or what ever.

Level 3
Let me try to help here kay.
So you pick up abilities before the arena starts, and you level them like normal heroes.
I can think of a solution and it goes like this, give all heroes 4 abilities, namely: "Level up 1st skill" "Level up 2nd skill" etc as default hero abilities, then trigger everything so when a hero learns one, it automatically levels the skill he picked earlier. Though I can see problems with the icons. Hope it helped.

You can change the icons with the spell Engineering Upgrade : you create 4 dummy heroes ability as Crehym said and one unit ability based on Engineering Upgrade for each spell you can choose.
Then, depending of which spell the player choosed, you add the Engineering Upgrade corresponding to the hero. You can desactivate the Engineering ability after that so it won't display its icon but still make effect.

Ask details if it's not clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.