• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i need help with 3 easy things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
first one is.... how do i change so a hero not is free at game start.....

and how i make a ability like this....
i want my unit= hero to use bladestorm when he attack for example every 5 second when he attack or sumthing like that when he picked bladestorm ability. and its gona be an ability u choose....

and 3 how i make all i changed in a map to a patch for example i want it to be a patch :) new heros etc new abilitys :D

Level 7
I believe some more specification is needed in order to solve question number 2.

If you want a bladestorming ability that activates every five seconds, then do the following two things:

Edit the Bladestorm's cooldown rate and duration to 2 or 3 seconds (Do that in the abilities section in the Object Editor (F6)), then make a trigger that looks like this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A Unit is (attacked)
  • Conditions
    • (Attacking)Unit) equal to (Blademaster)
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn on (Trigger 2)
The above is the first trigger, which is really simple. The condition used is the Unit-type Comparison. The second trigger is a bit more complicated:

• Events
    • Time - Every 5.00 seconds of Game time
  • Conditions
    • (Current Order of (Blademaster)) equal to (Order(Attack))
  • Actions
    • If (All conditions are true) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Unit-type of (Attacking Unit)) equal to (Blademaster)
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Attacking Unit) to (Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm)
      • Else - Actions
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
I'm not too sure if this will work, because I hven't done somethig like this before, but this should more or less work.

Also, I am not too sure the Bladestorm ability will work with the Demon Hunter, because the bladestorm animation has not been programmed into the Demon Hunter's model, so only the buff (A large, cyclone-like wind) will appear but the Demon Hunter will just stand there or play his spellcast animation.

P.S: Please note that the very first action of the second trigger is an "If/Then/Else, Multiple Functions" action.
Also note that these triggers will only commence if the blademaster is over level 6 and HAS THE ABILITY. To change this, change the "Required Level" number of the ability in the Object editor to 1.

Level 19
hm i tryed ur passive bladestorm it wasent right.. i mean like this....

if i choose this ability.... bladestorm2.. when my hero attack like every 3rd or 5th attack he make 2-3 bladesstorm fast.... how i make this one or can sum one help me make it .... and where do i request for spells :)

What???????
I really have no idea what your talking about. Every time the blademaster attacks, he has a 25% chance (I think) to bladestorm, but only if the cooldown is ready. I really have no idea where your coming up with "he make 2-3 bladesstorm fast"

What is a bladesstorm? You mean 2-3 rotations or somthing, if you want more rotations, tweak the wait and the duration of the ability. And if you want me to change it, give me more specific directions, or any directions would be nice. I gave you what you told me to do, and if you look at what you wrote, there's not alot there for me to work with.

Edit: Here, I changed it. More rotations (longer effect), and 3 levels of damage. I think it looks pretty nice: View attachment Passive Bladestomr.w3x

Level 5
Er... You could just play the blademaster's spin animation and damage the units around him. You don't have to add/remove all those abilities.

And, please, Shanghai, if you're going to ask for help, do so in a way that we can understand you. I'm sure that if you make a spell request for this spell, you'll get the same results you're getting here. Instead of just saying that graystuff111's spell "wasent right," you could actually try to explain why it's not right.

We can't read your mind. If you don't tell us what to do, we won't be able to do it. Simple, huh?

Level 19
where can i download dotA spell pack O: its working lol i didnt know it was workig O: thnx m8 ur pro at making this things :p next time i gona ask u for spell :D
but can u make so this spell work for demon hunter aswell...... ? will be very happy :D

Level 7
I've made sure of it.This will DEFINITELY work:

Create a new trigger and customize it to this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit is attacked
  • Conditions
    • (Unit type of (Attacking Unit)) equal to <YourUnit>
    • ((Attacking Unit) has buff Bladestorm (Caster) equal to False
    • (Attacked unit) belongs to an Ally of (Owner of (Attacking Unit)) equal to False
  • Events
    • Set BladeStormChance = (Random integer number between 1 and 100)
    • If (All Conditions are true) then do (Then actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (BladeStormChance Less than or Equal to 50)
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Order (Attacking Unit) to (Orc Blademaster - Bladestorm)
        • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + 50.00)
        • -------- The Above is just if you don't want him to lose mana when he does this automatically --------
      • Else - Actions
        • Do Nothing
Remember the BladeStormChance variable is an integer.
You may change the required number the BladeStormChance integer has to reach to activate to whatever number you wish (The default in my example is 50% chance). Keep in mind, though, that you have to change the Duration and Cooldown of the Bladestorm ability to something like: Duration - 2.50 seconds , Cooldown - 2 seconds.
If you want the blademaster to lose mana when he automatically bladestorms, remove the "Add mana" action from the trigger.

As for getting the demon hunter to bladestorm, that is a problem; the bladestorming animation is unique to the blademaster, and only the buff and effects would appear on the demon hunter when he bladestorms. Seek the assistance from a very experienced model editor if you still wanthim to be able to do this (Which really isn't necassery, as there are plenty of other custom ability oppurtunities suitable to the demon hunter.)

Status
Not open for further replies.