• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need help with an issue about ability animations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi guys, i recently downloaded a custom ability skin. It is just a bladestorm animation.

Ive created a character that uses bladestorm and since the model im using is a paladin and not the blademaster, the effect of bladestorm is not viable because the paladin does not have a spinning animation.

So the ability skin i have works but the problem im having is that when the ability is activated the spinning animation for the ability only lasts for 1-2ish seconds and the ability itself lasts for 8 seconds. How can i make it so the animation continues to loop until the spell is finished?

Thanks in advance!

Level 3
BladeStorm

this is the model im using, and i have it in the Art- Caster section

Attachments

• editor pic_blade.png
    editor pic_blade.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 17
Level 20
'Art - Caster' field will not play the whole animation of the model especially if it's looping that's why it always look 'unfinished' than death animations. That ability also doesn't show any kind of data concerning special effects at default and exclusively using the blademaster's specific animation for spin.

Have you tried placing the special effect inside the buff instead? 'Art - Target' and origin as a point?

If it didn't work then you can have two workarounds here;
1)Attach the special effect using triggers, then remove when duration or buff ends.
If you don't want the blademaster to play his own spinning effects
2)Extract his model to magos, go to material manager, only remove the material layers that has the textures corresponding to spinning effects.

Level 3
yeah i did have the buff on but didnt change sadly. Also dont have and never used magos before, and really am not the best with triggers so would need a walkthrough on that, and thank you for the time spent to give a hand

Status
Not open for further replies.