• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
I'm working on making some Playable terrains, and i have been working on recently making City Entrances, that are playable, yet awesome :).
Although, i don't know if this next one is awesome, i need some advice or CC with it, please. Thanks :)

152860-albums4000-picture45416.jpg

P.S. i know there is no city behind it, i will work on the city afterward.
I only used 6 different doodads.
Lighting, fog, effects, weather, units, etc.. will be added later.

Level 5
You could have used more doodads to make it look better.

Right now it looks pretty plain for what you have. I suggest you work on the environment first so you won't have uneven terrain and add more variety of doodads to it. Just don't overdo it.

Level 18
Well, what i am doing with this, not using many doodads and having it playable, is unique for me, usually in my terrains there are between 7000 and 5000 doodads and they are most certainly not playable.

But i'm just testing out some newer methods, so i was wondering on opinions, but i thought to do the terrain for my RPG, i should start with the outside of the main city, which is why i am doing to entrance first.

I will try with this and add more doodads.

Status
Not open for further replies.