• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Playable City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I made this city for a map I've been working on, the map is nowhere near completion, but I wanted to share some work. It's a port city with almost 50 enterable buildings, including an Arena, Church, Palace, a gigantic Inn, Guilds, shops and of course residences. Please note that I didn't put any thought into the sky or any epic lighting, I just wanted to show the city's structure and environment, not make a pretty picture. Hope you like it!

Attachments

• city screen 1.JPG
    city screen 1.JPG
    433.8 KB · Views: 396
  • city screen 2.JPG
    city screen 2.JPG
    467.4 KB · Views: 389
  • city screen 3.JPG
    city screen 3.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 295
  • city screen 4.JPG
    city screen 4.JPG
    360.3 KB · Views: 304
  • city screen 5.JPG
    city screen 5.JPG
    494.9 KB · Views: 282
  • city screen 6.JPG
    city screen 6.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 265
  • city screen 7.JPG
    city screen 7.JPG
    530.6 KB · Views: 268
  • city screen 8.JPG
    city screen 8.JPG
    492.8 KB · Views: 235
  • city screen 9.JPG
    city screen 9.JPG
    508.3 KB · Views: 362
  • city screen 10.JPG
    city screen 10.JPG
    413.5 KB · Views: 225
Level 15
This look sweet. Are there quests and stuff like that in this map, or is it just for show?(to walk around and check out the map)

Level 5
This look sweet. Are there quests and stuff like that in this map, or is it just for show?(to walk around and check out the map)

No quests yet, I'm still working on the world terrain (it's becoming a long process) but the story is finished, so when the terrain is finished I'll start triggering and implementing quests.

Level 15
Awesome, so in a way this will be the new LOAP. You play as a villager and run around town doing stuff. lol

Level 3
What also could be a great idea for this map, could be a system (some triggering), which did, that at day, alot of people were on the streets, markets were opened and so on. And then at night, there might not be as many people, markets could be closed, criminals could be running the backallys, and so on.

Level 5
What also could be a great idea for this map, could be a system (some triggering), which did, that at day, alot of people were on the streets, markets were opened and so on. And then at night, there might not be as many people, markets could be closed, criminals could be running the backallys, and so on.

That's part of the plan :)

Level 15
Looks epic to put it simple.
There are soo little original playable terrains that this deserves... ahem deserves...

... rep.

Level 10
its nice to see another fellow actual playable map maker . . not the uesual showcase peices, this map is turely awsome and has massive amount of potential still to give few small things tho:
1.sort out the tinting issues so colors blend better e.g. teh archways and the stone walls (if you cant get them to blend then take the texture out of wc3 mod it then reimport it, you wont need to rebiuld the map dw but still amkea back up . . )
2. just a little bit mroe indepth things as you go along i know your proberbly already doing it, things like boxes, flags, barrels, and lights and stuff
3. depending how indepth you want to go might i sugest working out a hover movement system that way you can have multiple layers but is always gonna be a bitxch to get a camrea to work

but awsome map cant wait to see it playable . . . have fun pathing mapping it . . XD

Level 10
unfortunatly wc3s limitations only allow 2 floors at a time but i have an idea that could make it work but 2 floors is enouth of a problem multiple floors could be an epic trigger than may just cause it to crash and thats only for single player

Status
Not open for further replies.