• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Some terrain screenshots from my ORPG...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay everyone, this is my first actual terrain work, so don't expect too much. Here are a few screenshots from the 1st area, a cold, snowy valley. Hope you like them! Please comment :razz:

1. The inside of a house.
2. A picture of the the main village in the 1st area.
3. The inside of a church.
4. A waterfall near the forest lake.
5. Entrance to a cave. I'm going to use the green floating thingy (Eye of Sargeras model) as a mark for Dungeon entrances.

House(s) is out of proportions. The waterfall could use some more doodads, and the city + people. Keep up the good work.

Actually, the house(s) are just in the right proportion becouse the game uses a 3rd person view camera only, so it actually looks quite realistic. As for the city, everything is NPC-less at the moment, becouse I want to finish the terrain completely first, then focus on the NPC's and creeps, as well as the other stuff.

Attachments

• kućica.jpg
    kućica.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 281
  • selo.jpg
    selo.jpg
    699.1 KB · Views: 248
  • crkva.jpg
    crkva.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 225
  • slap.jpg
    slap.jpg
    708.6 KB · Views: 218
  • spilja.jpg
    spilja.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:
Level 24
In the first one it looks a bit to plain. For the second one, I think that the tiles don't suit the theme. Also it could use a bit more detail. The third one is ok, the fourth one doesn't look very good in my opinion. I just don't like the way the trees are on the hill, and I don't think the grass tile fits in with the snow very well. In the last one you can see a selection circle, which you should get rid off.

Level 3
Will do guys thanks :thumbs_up: Also thanks for all the feedback, really appreciate it! I hope i'll get better at terraining some day, but for now, I'm quite happy with these.

Level 34
Your hills need a lot of work. You need to make them more like folds in a blanket, and make them either go higher, or larger. They are too pointy for how small they are. The trees are also floating on them.

I do really like the waterfall terrain (excluding the ugly hills).

Level 36
It's really nice for playable. However, on the steep edges, you could use the 3 raise brush to make it more jagged and then put some rocks lowered into the sides. Also, you could make the trees grow in clumps rather than standing alone like that.

You're off to a good start.

Level 9
some decent work bearing in mind your new to this type of terraining!

Status
Not open for further replies.