• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Playable Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
I recently made a camera tutorial and got a bit carried away with the terrain of the test map (old habit). It turned out quite nice, so I am posting it here in the terrain forums aswel. :)

(If you decide you want to edit my map for any reason you will need the Jass New Gen Editor to save, otherwise you will not be able to play.)

Attachments

• Third Person Camera 2.w3x
    60.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Pic.jpg
    Pic.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 288
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 248
Last edited:
Very nice small bit of terrain, great utilization of your camera, what with the locked day time and the sun. There could be a few more trees to see from the hill, but otherwise, very nice, good use of sky, fog, etc. The hill was a tad too steep, difficult to get up. The playable area of the terrain was a bit small, but I guess that was intended too.

PS very nice camera

Level 19
Camera's waaaay too close, char's like blocking half the screen. Make the angle of attack a bit more steep and place it further away.

I am totally fine with this configuration, but people who use the camera system in their map can change it however they want.

Not bad, but nothing really epic. Nice fog.

My apologies for giving you false hope. >.>

Very nice small bit of terrain, great utilization of your camera, what with the locked day time and the sun. There could be a few more trees to see from the hill, but otherwise, very nice, good use of sky, fog, etc. The hill was a tad too steep, difficult to get up. The playable area of the terrain was a bit small, but I guess that was intended too.

PS very nice camera

I going to add the trees when I get home. :)

Yeah, I had some problems getting up and down that hill aswel... The purpose with the hill was to show this system is not harmed by height. The camera was originally created for arrowkey movement, which made hills a lot easier. : >

Status
Not open for further replies.