1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Playable Team no. 6

Discussion in 'Broken Dawn – The Elementals' started by Gauntlet2021, Apr 13, 2007.

?

New Playable Team?

1. Sekhmet

16 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. Amphibians

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  3. Outsiders

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  4. Other (Specify in thread)

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm still not sure what to do for the last playable race yet, although I have a few ideas. I figured I'd take some input from the glorious people at the Hive by using a poll here.

If you want another please specify on this thread.

The Sekhmet would involve chaotic priests and golems. (Sekhmet was the the Egyptian goddess of war)

Amphibians are self explanatory, they'd be using creatures that dwell both underwater and on ground such as turtles lizards or some murloc-based creature.

Or Outsiders which would be demonic or 'alien' creatures, clearly a more evil team than the others.

I'd prefer do the Sekhmet but lets see how this works out.

(For the techtrees of the other non-locked team see http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32200)

2. Bob27

Bob27

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you should do Sekhemets, because I don't really like the idea of Aliens and the Amphibians would probably end up to much like the naga.

3. Wolverabid

Wolverabid

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Agreed and seconded.

The Sekhmet, in my opinion, would allow you the most freedom to develop them using your own unique style and touch. (Chaotic Priests? They sound interesting.) My second choice would be "Other" (unspecified).

4. YourDoomIsNigh

YourDoomIsNigh

Resources:
    Resources:
    i would like the outsiders but really any new race is good cause duh its new so u never know

5. Killer_Mushroom

Killer_Mushroom

Resources:
    Resources:
    Amphibians sound sexy.

6. YourDoomIsNigh

YourDoomIsNigh

Resources:
    Resources:
    yes outsiders are tied for 1st =]

7. Kjiverx

Kjiverx

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm for sekhmet, amphibians would probably end up naga

8. Chaos Overlord

Chaos Overlord

Resources:
    Resources:
    I have to say the Sehkmet. They sound really cool and would be fun to play I think.

9. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I vote Sehkmet, the others have been done before and not very well most of the time. Im also all for magic and like the idea of 'choatic priests' and they also seem to have some Lore behind them so IMO they're your best bet,
    Good luck and keep up the good work!

10. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm working on Sehkmet now. I planned to wait until the terrain was done, but i didn't realise how long good terrain could take. I'll leave this open for comments.

11. KaboomMaster

KaboomMaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    other how about the Controlis they could be wraith mages that are experts at mind controlling other units and animating dead to do their fighting it would be a new twist where you can only make spell casters and have to rely on suprising other players and steal their units then escaping. it would be a good race for advanced players

12. DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm for Amphibians, becouse they might have a great role in for example activate almost unreacheble places for secrets such as handles, But the other races should have such an atvantage on other areas as well.

13. Gauntlet2021

Gauntlet2021

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sehkmet techtree is done http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32200 . I can't get my head around the way i need to attach images now atm, but I'll add it as soon as I can.
    Oh and yes I am aware I've mispelt the team name. I didn't realise until just now, but I don't feel that it really effects it.

EDIT: Figured the image attaching out.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007