• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #8 Theme Poll

Choose wisely from these themes. Vote accordingly.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
People have spoken and themes have been suggested as promised. Take a look at these:

Robotic Scenes - Canvas depicting a machine society(kind of like Matrix etc) at its normal daily pace.

Aquatic - Beings adequate to live underwater, various species made from your own imagination.

Revolution - An event depicting a crucial point in a society/tribe's time span meant to bring about changes in the overall mentality(generally involving a coup d'etat).

War & Weapons - A scene of in the time of war, whether it is in the heat of battle or in the camp preparing. The piece must display weapons of interesting design.

Medical Anomalies - Horribly disfiguring afflictions of a biological nature.

Golems - Constructs made for various tasks to settle for their masters.

Plants - Concept art of trees, bushes, whatsoever you can think of(click to see examples). You may think this is boring but I assure you it can be made interesting, I've seen quite a few interesting concepts of such (trap plants, consumer plants, tree-folks might count in as well I suppose, etc.)

Knights - Creating innovative knight concept arts. Since knights are bad ass on their own without us having to add much to them, I propose that we make knights inspired by other cultures or just different in some way, since this is a concept art contest, not an illustration one. Think stuff like Arabian Knight, Chinese Knight, probably even animal inspired ones like Crab Knight (there was a recent concept art contest with a similar theme, Crab Samurai I believe it was).

Spirits/Specters (Ghosts, Apparitions, Shades, Phantoms, Illusions, etc.) - Doesn't have to be transparent or spirity. Might even be stuff like from that shitty movie Spirited Away, but you know, a quick reference of a different type of spirits that I thought of. It just has to have a spirit feeling.

Dragons - I think it's understandable... The focus of course should be on the concept, creating an interesting dragon.

Mutated Animals - Select any type of mob/animal in Warcraft 3 and draw it out but mutated into a unknown creature.

Biomes - Contestants should design a biome and describe it. An entry should contain:
- Description: Text describing climate, animal behavior and other trivia;
- Landscape: An image of the typical landscape (example);
- Creatures: An image with concepts of few inhabitants (min. of 3) (example).

Squads - Create an art that represents two or more characters in a team, traveling together, like that for example.

Kaiju Monsters - Kaiju-sized monsters that wreck cities in days and takes nukes to kill them(info, example).

Experimental Units - Secret military units like Stealth Tanks, Naginata Cruiser, Infantry, Mech-suit, Athena Cannons.

Love - Creating a concept art that represents one male and female in love. Generally, any romantic theme should work.

Eldritch Horrors - Beings outside space and time, impossible in our reality, yet, somehow they still exist. They are grotesque mockeries of reality beyond comprehension whose disturbing otherness cannot be encompassed in any mortal tongue(e.g).

Giants - These ancient beings were molded by earthly elements into one living form. And now they are awakened by catastrophic events, caused by humans or other alien beings attacking the planet.

Theme Discussion

Be advised, this is a multiple choice poll. Cast your votes wisely without spamming too much themes if possible. The poll lasts 12 days.

Thank you for understanding.

Last edited:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

can't see the poll :3

EDIT : Now i can. voted for dragon only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Spirits/Specters (Ghosts, Apparitions, Shades, Phantoms, Illusions, etc.) - Doesn't have to be transparent or spirity. Might even be stuff like from that shitty movie Spirited Away, but you know, a quick reference of a different type of spirits that I thought of. It just has to have a spirit feeling.

Heeeeyy who wrote that? Spirited Away is awesome! Hahahah.

Voted for giants, dragons and plants. Although I understand giants and dragons can be much more exciting for people in general, I love plants.

Level 19
I voted for, mainly, giants and golems as they are both "the same"

I dont wanna be the facts guy here but they are literally distinct. Golem is a servant created by someone for a sole purpose to live for.

While giants are mythological and actually older than human race. And they are a piece of the world they dont bow down for someone.

And the giants ive mentioned were a lot bigger tgan golwms. Check the pics ive attached in the discussion page.

Roland

R

Roland

Hey heinvers, Do the same method as my previous contest (Allow them to draw traditionally)

Roland

R

Roland

I'm not the host of the 8th Concept Art contest, Go ask Heinvers, I was only giving suggestions.

Thank you for those that partook in the Theme Discussion and a big thank you for those that put their votes on these themes.

The winning theme is Giants. Once again, the effort to make this happen is greatly appreciated~

Soon, we will proceed to the Contest thread and all questions shall be answered once the thread's been done.
Until then, have patience and get your art tools ready to do battle ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.