• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Planetside 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
If it wasn't so CPU hungry it might be playable, but my standards are way too high for playing anything under 60 FPS.

I guess you don't have an xbox 360 then with far cry 3 =p

But i have an i7 860 and a 7950 3GB and it still doesn't run at 60 fps more like 42-55 or something. You cannot play this game at a constant 60 fps, at least not at the moment and if it is possible somewhere in the future then it will require a monster rig, preferably with a monster cpu. Thing is that it's just a bit overambitious judging today's hardware capabilities.

Level 27
Ehm, that is a CPU Benchmarking program? You cannot compare that to gaming, and yes i know it's not high-end anymore or anything but i got it for 150 euros somewhere when i generally still was priced at 220 or something so... I'm not as rich as some people here might think =p

Level 14
I got 2500K and GTX 580, in empty areas, very smooth. But the very minute the battle breaks fps goes around 30 which doesn't please me. Also the micro-transactions have been really pissing me off, everywhere it urges you to throw some money at it.

Level 27
Mh yeah my videocard does beat yours, you have more pixel rate but that doesn't really matter as mine is 28nm and has a lot more in several different areas.

http://www.hwcompare.com/11592/geforce-gtx-580-3gb-vs-radeon-hd-7950-3gb/

And i don't even know if you have 3gb, and mine is stock-overclocked at 950/1250.

Planetside 2 is probably the most resource intensive game to date, i doubt they could do a lot more optimization really.

Level 3
I briefly played the first PlanetSide, it was a lot of fun, though I joined in when the servers were mostly empty. I look forward to playing PlanetSide 2 when I get a new computer.

Level 14
Oh, I bought it 6 years ago, i3 didn't exist yet, neither did Windows7. I was running WindowsXP, all games were running on the highest settings, now... well I have to replace everything really, and make sure my PC doesn't die before that.

Level 27
You will be pretty much alright though when you buy a €600-800 rig now and superfine with a ~€1200. Considering most modern PC's are already said to be equal or better than the next generation xbox. Pure PC games like Star Citizen though and this game, i don't know...

Status
Not open for further replies.