• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planetary Warfare V.0.39b

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Planetary Warfare is a fast-paced RTS map.
You acquire resources by building specific resource structures, but you are limited to the amount of buildings your base can sustain so you may need to carefully choose how to build your force.
You can build more buildings by acquiring more bases but your enemy may be expanding too so always be on your guard.

There are four factions to choose from, each with their unique units and specialties.
- The Empire of Humanity
The Empire favours thick armour and heavy firepower.
They also have access to many powerful late-game units.
- The Alliance of Free Systems
The Alliance is a versatile faction that focuses on infantry.
They also favour sneak attacks and mobility.
- The Coalition of Alien Races
The Coalition is a tricky faction that has a focus on aerial units.
Their also masters at cloaking and can cloak many of their buildings.
- The Parasite (empire given name)/
Swarm(alliance given name)/
Scourge(coalition given name)
The swarm is a faction that favours night combat since their units see farther during
the night and shorter during the day.
Their units are highly specialized and their tech-tree branches into anti-surface and
anti-air.

Within the map there are several maps to choose from, each with their unique terrain.
There are also some special maps.
The special map types are: Survival, Money Map and Exploration.
- Survival puts you and up to three other players in charge of defeating a relentless
enemy
- The money map removes the restrictions on buildings and (as the name suggests) has a
virtually unlimited amount of money.
- Exploration removes the static bases, and instead you use a mobile base that you have
to defend at all costs while exploring the terrain and searching for your enemies.

Credits goes to:

Me (Helpers (battlenet name)) - creator of the map
Blizzard - well, obviously
Killst4r - all starcraft building models and the protoss scout
abriko - the acathla marine, marine veteran and the zergicid agent models
Illidan(Evil)X - rocket launcher vehicle,rocket, BMP-3 Infantry Fighting Vehicle and the Flak Cannon models
Kofi_Banan - the Mark-tank, CargoHeliV2 and M-163 models
NatDis - the Dwarven Air Force DF 35 Fighter model
olofmoleman - the AT-ST Walker model
Mr. Bob - the Hover Tank model
General Frank - the M3 A1 'Kodiak' Super Heavy Tank

Sorry if I forgot anybody!

Keywords:
planetary, warfare, exploration, survival, sci-fi, science fiction,
Contents

Planetary Warfare V.0.39b (Map)

Reviews
19:52, 10th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 6
Sorry about the frequent updates but I have discovered some major issues and I'm trying to correct them.

Also, I will consider suggestions for new maps(within this map).
But most importantly, I want feedback on things that may be unbalanced.

Edit: I've fixed most of the major issues (I think, you can never be too sure) mentioned in the above sentences.
So, version 0.38a is pretty stable and (hopefully) fairly balanced.
But please leave your suggestions on how to improve the map

Last edited:
Level 19
Another?
I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow...

REVIEW!!!
  • The arena choice thing at the start sucked. You should make some sort of proper system that cycles through them using arrow keys and shows a portion of each with information about it.
  • The helicopters can land anywhere, which leads to glitches! Restrict this, make it check if the area is clear before landing.
  • Rotating propeller while landed? Ew.
  • Make take-off and landing actually looks good, trigger it.
I would write more, but I'm rather busy right now...

Last edited:
Level 6
The only problem with those suggestions are that I don't use advanced triggering nor get much of it (especially JASS).

The rotating propellers while landed is part of the actual unit model that I use (If I had a choice then it wouldn't even have propellers), though I guess that I could try to paus them or something.

In short: I don't use advanced triggering but I guess I could take a look at the helicopters.

Edit: Kinda fixed the helis popping up and down (it looks better now atleast) although I can't seem to find a function that can freeze an animation.

Last edited:
Level 19
Well you can use the set animation speed function for the propeller (It's in Animation :p).
Or, alternatively, you can get permission from the model-maker to just cut off the propeller (I can do this for you if you want.)

Level 6
ATTENTION: I suggest everybody who has version 0.38e to download 0.38f because I forgot to remove the experimental tank from buildable units (added it to test it out), and it is quite overpowered at the cost it was in version 0.38e.

Also, I've added your (in response to wereguy2) suggestion (though it looks somewhat weird).