What is this?Plaguebringer is a custom undead campaign for WarCraft 3: Frozen Throne that is currently in developemnt. The story is done in as much of the spirit of the original as possible. The gameplay is made to please those who adore the real time strategy genre in general, and WarCraft 3 in particular, to the best of my ability.
Plans and features.1. 4-6 playable maps. Each map with a unique mechanic. For example, in the first chapter player must maneuver their troops to cover them from the storm.
2. Player can unlock alternative spells for their hero during story missions. Spells can be swapped in between missions, on a special map. This works in retrospect too.
3. At least 3 new units with unique abilities are planned.
Story.The Lich King just recently ascended to his Frozen Throne. Thus, management of the Scourge was passed to the Lich King's most trusted advisor, the lich Kel'Thuzad. To assert the dominance of the undead across all of the world, Kel'Thuzad ordered countless atrocities to be commited.
One of those operations was performed against the night elves, right on their home land. The cunning lich sent one of his best disciples, Volgoff the Plaguebringer, to Kalimdor. The goal of this most zelous member of the Cult of the Damned was to make sure that the night elves will never be able to reunite with one of their most powerful allies from the days of old...
* Safe areas in the first chapter are now lit, to indicate that they are safe.
* A barrier was created in the first chapter, to prevent the player from wandering off into the sea.
* Shallow water was removed in a few places in the first chapter.
* The path to the rescue zone is now indicated by shades in the first chapter.
* Rescuing necromancers is now an optional quest in the first chapter.
* Location of necromancers to be rescued is now revealed in the first chapter.
* Fixed AI issue in the first chapter.
* Implemented first shadow school spell Shadow Lash.
* Increased the delay between waves.
1. Fixed bug with saving the game in chapter one.
2. Added two new spells to unholy school: Extinguish Life, Amalgamation.
Download version 1.2.0, work in progress.First chapter available for testing. Five custom hero spells are implemented, one unit spell is implemented, as well as hero spells swapping.