• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pirates of the Sea v3.32 EN

Th' general idea o' th' game be somewhat like th' space commander. Ye can be a pirate or a cap'n. Both have different but many roles each!
Pumpin' bilge water, firin' and reloadin' th' cannons, defendin' the deck, repairin' the hull, fishin', treasure huntin', navigatin' the ship, outlookin' for sea thingies and even more thingies.
But th' most important role is th' role playin' one. I did me best and all th' possible to let ye be a pirate! Doin' anything a real pirate would have done!
Ye can even go to th' bar, drink grog until ye be seeing two headed scurvy fishies, start a fight or two and get all th' bitchies ye can!

So ye might decide whetever ye are a pirate or not! Fair winds bucko!

I'd really love and appreciate if ye could help me wit' any support ye can. From reportin' bugs, to lettin' me know of any leak, sharing me ideas you get or even piratish words I missed! Anything helps! So thanks before hand!

Full changelog at potsland.blogspot.com
Happy 19th Septembarrrrr!!!

Huge thanks to everyone who made its contribution to the map!

Triggering:
KaiserG, onisaiyan808, Dangerb0y, Happy-i-am

Models and Textures:
Kitabatake, Mechanical Man, Cavman, General_Frank, Mr.Goblin, Olofmoleman, Game_Slave, Bjorn.Ironsides, inhuman89, 67chrome, Pyritie, Aquis, Ket, oGre_, Hexus, Revilo, Fingolfin, AlienAtSystem, Tr!KzZ, HappyTauren, Kuhneghetz

Other Help:
Nhaz'Ul, [pAIN], [-LTD-]Ginji, LOAP-EL-SANTO

and the hive for its great support.
If you contributed and you are not in this list please let me know.

Keywords:
pirate, avast, ship, navigation, sea, seas, seven, rum, ahoy, yo-ho-ho, role playing, role, arr, ye, yer, matey, 19th september.
Contents

Pirates of the Sea v3.32 EN (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/15 17:13:07 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [tr]Not Rated Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Nov/15 17:13:07
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Bugs

I just wanted to inform you some bugs. You can have multiple weapons in your inventory, if you right click the item many times, you can obtain it. Attached screenshot below. :) and also the name of the captain is like this, example my name, bisnar13, it will become "Captain Captain bisnar13"

Attachments

• wc3scrnshot_092112_180611_01.JPEG
    wc3scrnshot_092112_180611_01.JPEG
    345.8 KB · Views: 1,145
Level 15
Gonna try it! ;)
Hope you enjoy it!

It happens to be Talk like a Pirate Day :D
Thank you for uploading this ^_^
It's a funfact that happened xD I guess it was some kind of pirate recall lol It's my pleasure!

Arrgh me hearty now i'm gonna try this map to see what is the gameplay. :D
YARGH! :D

Really nice map, I like it, really original. :thumbs_up:
Thaaanks!!

I just wanted to inform you some bugs. You can have multiple weapons in your inventory, if you right click the item many times, you can obtain it. Attached screenshot below. :) and also the name of the captain is like this, example my name, bisnar13, it will become "Captain Captain bisnar13"
Hey, huge thanks for your support! Um, I've been touching and fixing the item exploit, and I fixed it already, so thanks for telling me!
And that name bug, umm I can't find how to bug it.. how did you end up with that name?

Hope you enjoy it!

It's a funfact that happened xD I guess it was some kind of pirate recall lol It's my pleasure!

YARGH! :D

Thaaanks!!

Hey, huge thanks for your support! Um, I've been touching and fixing the item exploit, and I fixed it already, so thanks for telling me!
And that name bug, umm I can't find how to bug it.. how did you end up with that name?
Glad to help! :D
I just played in single player then chose myself as captain then that was my name. There's also another bug or I dunno if you meant this. When you die, your camera just locks on your death point :)

Level 15
I just played in single player then chose myself as captain then that was my name. There's also another bug or I dunno if you meant this. When you die, your camera just locks on your death point :)

Weird.. can't find out why... well I'll try to keep looking for some reason for that!
Oh well, yeah that's pretty intended since else you can explore everything and the best outlooker ever xD
thanks again man!

Weird.. can't find out why... well I'll try to keep looking for some reason for that!
Oh well, yeah that's pretty intended since else you can explore everything and the best outlooker ever xD
thanks again man!
Your welcome :)
but if you want you could also add a feature that when you die, you can view other players' view, and use the left and right arrow keys to change the player you're looking at.

And since the captain can be the only one to drive the ship, won't they get stuck on other islands if the captain died?

Level 15
Your welcome :)
but if you want you could also add a feature that when you die, you can view other players' view, and use the left and right arrow keys to change the player you're looking at.

And since the captain can be the only one to drive the ship, won't they get stuck on other islands if the captain died?

Hey that's a really nice idea!! I'm gonna work on that! thanks!
Yeah, when the captain dies there's a command (it's shown as a message when the cap'n dies) to transport the ship to the homeport

I have few ideas :
When you are on a ennemi boat you coud add magic resistance to your boat. Thus, the ennemi won't be able to bombard your ship. Actually, it is very hard to repair and defend the ship at the same time.

You can also add the repair spell for every players at start. It is probably the most important spell in the game. So everyone should take it at first.

Level 15
I have few ideas :
When you are on a ennemi boat you coud add magic resistance to your boat. Thus, the ennemi won't be able to bombard your ship. Actually, it is very hard to repair and defend the ship at the same time.

You can also add the repair spell for every players at start. It is probably the most important spell in the game. So everyone should take it at first.

What do you mean by "When you are on a enemy boat"? You mean when you are fighting?

Remember this game is meant to be played online, with at least 4 players, so playing it alone it will make it turn impossibly hard. At most you can be a merchant in single player.

Level 12
Thanks bisnar.

I like the ghost ship idea. I have a idea. I do not propose that this should be like Pirates of the Caribbean, but I think it would be a good idea to include skeleton pirates, the ship could be resembling the Black Pearl, or a undead battleship.

I recommend this model. And the Blizzard's skeleton.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/black-corsair-223267/?prev=r=20&page=5

I see that the view while sailing is limited, it is better to manouver a ship when you know in distance if a enemy ship is coming. It is hard to prepare for a defence when the enemy ship when they fastly go near you. I do not like the view type in this game. If the mapmaker improves this, sailing should be easier and more practical.

Last edited:
Level 9
Found a bug: if you jail a player on carajo (or how is it called? oberving post I mean) he gets stuck until killed. I think same thing will be with cannon and helm (may be not though). Also it takes shitload of time equip crew adorable for a good battle, especially with a ghost ship.

Level 7
To be honest, I don't quite get the point of this game. I've only played this one time so correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be any point to the game besides running around looking for ships on the sea to blast. I know that I have to act like a pirate, but in order to do that I would have pillaged, looted and raped everything in the starting town before setting off to pillage, loot and rape in another town. Unfortunately, that ain't possibru, and the NPCs in the towns just seem to act as decoration (again, correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe a seperate tutorial on how to be more piratelike could be added to the game :p

Not rating for now until I understand the game better.

Level 1
Oy pirate dude xD just wanted to say it's a great map and that I got a bug ... When you get in the cannon mode, you get a huge delay, I mean it shoots/exits in like 20 secs :/ I dunno if it's from the map or from the host, but just wanted to make sure :D

Level 18
first of all i don't really like you lightskin but oh well i'm gonna add this suggestion anyways so this map can be more fun..
add some kind of boss in the marines island and when you beat that boss you win the game i mean what's the point in playing a game without ending, but to kill that boss it would be neccesary a lot of items and level (however don't make him Retardedly OP to a point he's unkillable).

Level 19
this game is decent although there are a few minor things i noticed:

POTS%20Pic%201.jpg

POTS%20Pic%202.jpg

When you try to pick up and stack items wit ha full inventory it shows this error message, if you are using the Easy Item Stack 'n Split System then i guess you missed this part:

POTS%20Pic%203.jpg

overall your map is pretty good, 5/5 +rep and good luck on improving it!:thumbs_up:

Level 5
Update:
+Add quests
+make towns feel more like a town
+add more shops that sell miscellaneous items
+translate everything (items)

Fix:
-fix cannon delay
-Also fix what katoss said above :D

Level 15
First of all, huge, but I mean, HUGE, thanks to everyone for commenting and supporting the map by letting me know of bugs and sharing ideas or suggestions!
For the quests, all they need is to be expanded, they already exist. It's just that you have to look out for them (try checking north of the market at the very first island).
For the cannons, yeah, they seem to be actually bugged, so i'll see into fixing it, sorry for the trouble.
For the "endless" game, yeah, well it's actually a sandbox, so it's kind of the idea. Though you can "win" the game by killing the commander Brown in the british city, still the game won't end, but you'll have won the game. I might work on an alternate ending where the game actually ends.
There are secondary quests, which might be pretty hard to accomplish as the cannons are bugged with the delay, but as said before i'll try to fix that issue. Try to look for quests and things to do, the game actually HAS a point and even a story!
If you have any ideas for items, drops, shops, terrains, or anything alike, please give me more details, so I can perfectly understand the idea and put it into action!

Once again, huge thanks for the comments and the entusiasm! I'll work on everything you have mentioned and I'll update ASAP.
Fair winds mateys!

Level 1
Great maps, i'd like to suggest something like

-slow down the enemy ships or make them turn around like player ships, cause it hard to catch any ship since the rotation speed is very slow, and if the AI suddenly decide to turn around which insta turn like normal w3 movement there is no way to catch it up = fail, if i force to catch it there gonna 2 way i can try : 1) full speed turning which cause my ship to make a big circle and lost track of the ship 2) slow turning which make the ship apart further and again lost track of the target; both ways are useless, the only hope is to board the ship ASAP which is a bad idea in early game if we encounter strong defender

-add more ships type like typical pirate on carribean game, sloop, brig, frigate, galleon etc

-add vote to change the captain especialy when the captain dies, or make mutiny system which can replace the current captain at will

-make toggle system to control the ship, if the captain allow it, any crew can navigate the ship, the current system which only allow captain is flawed in most game

-if the ship drowned dont end the game, give some alternative like :
1)auto deploy rowboat for each alive crew or only captain if the captain alive or just one randow crew
2)make a room for rowboat, if the ship is about to sink the crew must enter that room if the want to stay alive and ride a rowboat to go to hospital

-even better if you can make 2 captain system which lead to competitive pirating but i dont expect it soon

-the difficulty of pirating makes the game tends to be a trading game, on early

-parking the ship take alot of time just for simple task maybe you can add rowboat so player can get to shore without parking routine and speed up the landing and departing time
=====================================================
when i bought prostitute on 1st island, it got stuck. is that intended ?

additional crew like mercenary and rifleman ( i forget the name) are useless and expensive, cheap them down or buff 'em up, their only redeeming point only they can used as pack mule for trading

Level 5
I really like to rowboat idea! That would be awesome! And yeah, if capt'n dies, make a vote for a new one. Other than that, loving this update!

Level 6
Ill explain a little about the City Siege System:

There's a new Rep system, which now controls the faction's stance towards you, and the entire crew. Remember that you can see your current rep by using the -rep command.

So, if you pillage, or kill a lot of people from any city, then that city's faction will eventually see you as an enemy.
There are two different reputations: Personal Rep, which only affects you, and Crew Rep.

Based on your actions, you always receive or lose personal rep, and you contribute a 10% (30% for capt'n) to the crew rep.
That means that your crew can have a wanted pirate in the city, so take care about what you, and your mates do from now on!

So, what about the siege?
When your entire crew is a faction's enemy (below -250 crew rep), you have the chance to kill the city guards in that faction's cities.
Then, when most of the guards are taken down, a siege will begin on the city, opening the entrance to the barracks marked with a circle of power.
When you enter there, be ready to fight a whole bunch of better equipped guards, and a city commander, who has the key to the city's chest. (It looks like a mini dungeon, and it's slightly randomized)

The chest will have varying wealth wich depends on the city, and the citizens in there.
The more bigger the city, the bigger the wealth cap.
Also, wealth of every city increases a certain amount for every citizen alive in there, so if you plan on pillaging an island, then you better leave those citizen alone!

I hope this explains a little on the system, so you can be testing it and reporting any bugs that you may encounter due to being such a complex and new feature. Hopefully, it will work just fine.

Level 9
It will be also a grate idea to make it possible to have more then 1 ship. For example 2 ships with 4 ppl in each or 3 ships with 2, 3 and 3 ppl on them (with different captains, i mean), it's a bit weird not to have any PvP ship battles there :) And different ship types with more control places for crew will be nice too, like you have bigger ship => you should have more crew to control it as good as possible, for example smth with paddles. Also you can add more random events, like storms and... hmm... actually I have no idea about more of them)))
And captain shouldn't be a full role, it's just a player who owns ship and leads the crew, but what's the difference? Why can't crew just rebel, slay him and make another player captain?

Level 15
It will be also a grate idea to make it possible to have more then 1 ship. For example 2 ships with 4 ppl in each or 3 ships with 2, 3 and 3 ppl on them (with different captains, i mean), it's a bit weird not to have any PvP ship battles there :) And different ship types with more control places for crew will be nice too, like you have bigger ship => you should have more crew to control it as good as possible, for example smth with paddles. Also you can add more random events, like storms and... hmm... actually I have no idea about more of them)))
And captain shouldn't be a full role, it's just a player who owns ship and leads the crew, but what's the difference? Why can't crew just rebel, slay him and make another player captain?

PvP is coming for some other version, when I get a few other ideas done! I've been already preparing the terrain and some other things for the pvp but first i want to finish the save/load system.

storms already exist :) if you come up with another random event idea please let me know, i'll surely consider it!

well.. about that last one, the only thing the captain does is navigate the ship and be able to jail other pirates, no more than that. He is just supposed to be a skillful player that can lead and help the rest. and you can just kill him but you don't become a captain cause the trolls would explode out of fun doing that so xD just for fairness

Level 5
can we get mercenaries? playing this map with only 2 players is kinda hard :/ mercenaries for shooting canons could be useful though they wouldnt be as good as a player they would be helpful.
also a hotkey for pillage and a command to see the actual reputation because i keep pillaging the starting town and sometimes amessage pops up saying this town is friendly..
we need a clear command too.
also a a map shop could be useful since i dont know where is the black smith i am suposed to make a delivery to from the first quest on the starting place.
also we should be able take over smalls towns :/ or something.. we are pirates we can raid and destroy :C or just make them our slaves.
as indicated by xorkatoss we cant walk over the wooden edge and that doesnt let me fish on the upper left fish school.
when a town reaches max populations the message shouldnt keep poping out :/ it just gets in the way.
pirate heroes slowly lose mana is it food or something?
Energy elixir needs a -Tree of eternity
the fishing pole´s hook is always floating?
also when our ship was going on full speed we crashed against and enemy ship and we insta sinked them LOL though we suffered great damage why cant we salvage the enemy ship treasures? or important stuff :/
when buying mercenaries at cardenas one got sstuck between the table chari and the mercenary seller.
we got down from our ship at cardenas but we lacked the range to go in..
on a side of the pub at cardenas your hero becomes invu and you can easily kill the captain at the pub without getting hit :D
its bothersome to return to cardenas just to revive a teammate

Last edited:
Level 9
Yeah, canon and repairing mercs should be awesome! Just make their cost high enough.
Trolling is always cost for some RP capabilities. And -jail is somehow imba I think, you should make bigger death cost to make ppl allowing to jail them for some time instead of killing and jailing = just making sure him to get in the cage. Cage should be opened/closed by a lever near it.
It will be also a nice idea to add sail HP, if it is 0 you need a new sail to move (if you have no paddles).
Also about random events: calm - when you have no wind and should stay for some time (if you have no paddles :p)
Also I think you should add food system, it was one of main things in any water journey - you MUST keep an eye on your food/water level or everyone in your crew will die! That will make still really dangerous if you have few food.

Level 6
First of all, thanks for your interest! I'll answer some of your recommendations:
... a hotkey for pillage and a command to see the actual reputation because i keep pillaging the starting town and sometimes amessage pops up saying this town is friendly ...
The hotkey is "F". Although it doesn't show up on this version (forgot to add it to the Ability Name). And the reputation can be seen by using "-rep" command.
The message pops up when you enter the city.
also we should be able take over smalls towns :/ or something.. we are pirates we can raid and destroy :C or just make them our slaves.
You can raid even big cities like Cardena or the British Island. You just have to lower your Crew Reputation to less than -250, and then kill most of the town guards. Then the siege will be started (a mini-dungeon entrance is activated at the city's barracks).
also when our ship was going on full speed we crashed against and enemy ship and we insta sinked them LOL though we suffered great damage why cant we salvage the enemy ship treasures? or important stuff :/
If you sink a ship without actually trying to pillage (not engaging in close combat) will cause the bounty to be sinked altogether with the ship. That sounds logical to me.
we got down from our ship at cardenas but we lacked the range to go in..
Use the "-board" command then. Make sure to be selecting your ship and be relatively close to it.
we need a clear command too.
when a town reaches max populations the message shouldnt keep poping out :/ it just gets in the way.
"-clear" or "-limpiar" is the command you're looking for. Please check the F9 for info on commands. If the message gets in the way just "-clear" it.

Last edited:
Level 5
also another amazing thing is that Stealing your own crew gives free items or silver at no rep cost :D they just have to stop auto atacking and WIN.
and improve F9 :/ and why are some commands in spanish? just asking.

Level 15
Sometimes ship just swims with speed 0 with no crew to sea...

fixed, ty for telling me

also another amazing thing is that Stealing your own crew gives free items or silver at no rep cost :D they just have to stop auto atacking and WIN.
and improve F9 :/ and why are some commands in spanish? just asking.

xD thx, I removed that exploit.

well, "-limpiar" is because the game used to be spanish, and people still use it as "limpiar", though u can simply use "-clear" too (limpiar is the spanish for clear)

Well the 3.31 is done with these changes

there are a lot of good ideas i saw here, and probably I'll use them all in future versions, it's just that most of them are difficult to make