• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ping-Pong (Aquatic Version)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
(4)Ping-Pong

An homage to the larger maps of SC2, this map will have you ping-ponging back and forth through several expansion bases. Suitable for macro play.

EDIT: Updated author name, creep drops, and a few terrain features. Oct 15th, 2017.
Contents

Ping-Pong (Aquatic Version) (Map)

Reviews
mafe
As an homage to sc2 maps it definitely fits. Purely as a wc3 map, there are still some flaws in it, I'm afraid: -You cant have itemdrop chances different from 100% in a melee map. -No tavern, but large distances, many expansions -> Map will be clearly...
deepstrasz
1. Some neutral buildings aren't quite properly mirrored. 2. Some of the points @mafe wrote still stand like creep camps being too near each other and being seen on the minimap as one camp (example: wolves and murlocs; shop and laboratory). The...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
As an homage to sc2 maps it definitely fits. Purely as a wc3 map, there are still some flaws in it, I'm afraid:
-You cant have itemdrop chances different from 100% in a melee map.
-No tavern, but large distances, many expansions -> Map will be clearly favoring humans in 1v1; thought if you intend it for 2v2 it shouldnt be an issue.
-In case of a 1v1, the starting position creeps dont drop anything? Neither do some of the 4+4 furbolgs and the 4+4 wolves while the 4+4 trolls drop a lvl 3 item.
-Middle level 1 creep dropping (potentially) a lvl 3 item can immediately be killed by blademaster, who will reach it before any other race can.
-Some of the seemingly identical creepspots near the middle drop different items.
-Some creepspots are so close to each that they are merged on the minimap.

Other than that, the looks of the map are nice, even though some parts dont have much tileset variation; however this is this has some advantages on a large map in partidular, as it helps with orientation. I'd recommend you add different elevation (not sure about the english term, I'm not talking abou cliff levels, rising/lowering terrain) in some parts though.

Level 8
As an homage to sc2 maps it definitely fits. Purely as a wc3 map, there are still some flaws in it, I'm afraid:
-You cant have itemdrop chances different from 100% in a melee map.
-No tavern, but large distances, many expansions -> Map will be clearly favoring humans in 1v1; thought if you intend it for 2v2 it shouldnt be an issue.
-In case of a 1v1, the starting position creeps dont drop anything? Neither do some of the 4+4 furbolgs and the 4+4 wolves while the 4+4 trolls drop a lvl 3 item.
-Middle level 1 creep dropping (potentially) a lvl 3 item can immediately be killed by blademaster, who will reach it before any other race can.
-Some of the seemingly identical creepspots near the middle drop different items.
-Some creepspots are so close to each that they are merged on the minimap.

Other than that, the looks of the map are nice, even though some parts dont have much tileset variation; however this is this has some advantages on a large map in partidular, as it helps with orientation. I'd recommend you add different elevation (not sure about the english term, I'm not talking abou cliff levels, rising/lowering terrain) in some parts though.
Thanks for the advice man. It was really my first map in these days. Please see my other maps and future posts for some better ones. Ill try to look at the changes you suggested in a future version and I was aware of e.g. the creep merging problem.

Cheers! ~~~~

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. Some neutral buildings aren't quite properly mirrored.
2. Some of the points @mafe wrote still stand like creep camps being too near each other and being seen on the minimap as one camp (example: wolves and murlocs; shop and laboratory). The terrain is indeed mostly flat.
3. The middle, well, isn't too interesting.

Other than those, it really has neat strategy variation: building towers/using ranged siege weaponry on the cliff near the gate.

Awaiting Update.

===================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!