• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] Map of Draenor, before the corruption of the orcs. I updated it, because the last one was

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
You should make the ocean green. According to some references, Draenor had green water. Some simple water tinting might do.

Level 23
Well, they are theoretical territory, where frost wolves and Frostwolf clan lived.
Plus it is also logical since there are remains of mountains in WoW there, and it would make Nagrand closed from all sides, making it isolated.

Its strange that you arent wondering about Apexis Fields.

Level 11
To be honest, this looks exactly like outland in shape, its just different color cuz of plants and stuff.

But it is stated that that shape of outland is only a remaining of dreanor, which was round like azeroth or earth.

And did you base this off of some map from warcraft 2. And if you did, Blizzard managed to fuck up lore on yet another place.

Level 11
Dreanor was ripped apart by portals that Ner'zul opened at the end of the second war. What was left is outland, and looks like it.

Dreanor looked completely different.

Level 23
Oh really?
Draenor_map.jpg

Level 11
But it stretches out. Its not just that little peace.

There is more land after the map borders, unlike in outland. And also there isn't zangermarsh or other stuff.

Level 4
Hail, Zangarmarsh couldn't have been created by the pheonomena of Outland, it would have been part of Draenor before it's destruction. Bare in mind that graphical technology was limited during the creation of Warcraft II and that Draenor was only loosely created in terms of lore. Alot was left unanswered.

And Alagreem, a brilliant map, save for one flaw. When Thrall arrives on Kalimdor, he says to Cairne that the land is "Rugged and beautiful, much like the land my people origianally came from". I'd imagine the colouration of the terrain in the modern Hellfire Penninsula would be the lands natural colouring, leading me to believe that the pre-destroyed Peninsula would have an environment reminiscent of Durotar or the Barrens.

Level 23
Well I has such thoughts as well, but I understood that he was talking about Nagrand. Barrens resembles Nagrand greatly, especially if you try to make it in WCIII.

However back then he was most likely talking about it WCII version of Draenor.

Level 4
Possibly though Thrall himself never saw Outland at all, he was born on Azeroth. He could've been talking about the pre-destroyed Peninsula from a tale he was told by his clansmen. If you're happy with the grasslands approach then fair enough, I shan't contest it, but personally, I always saw the Peninnsula like the barrens =)

Level 2
Alagremm as Druidhorn said, in wc 2 only a little part of the red world was created there is to much that you or me or another guys can know...as in wc3 some maps in the campaign dont apear...I want to say who know about the cavern of time or about the ungoro crater or about the hinterlands or about the crystalsong forest I want to say that Draenor could be a world to grand than azeroth is....

Status
Not open for further replies.