• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Photoshop Loading Screen Template

Level 23
Hi, I made a photoshop template for creating Loadingscreen quick & easy.

1. Download the .psd file from the attachments and open it in Photoshop

2. Insert your loadingscreen like so:
attachment.php

3. Use photoshop's "Save for Web" function:
attachment.php

Drag-Select all slices so there are no grey areas left:
attachment.php

Press Save... and save with these settings to a folder of your choice:
attachment.php

Your files will be inside an "images" folder inside of your chosen folder:
attachment.php

4. Convert the .png files to .blp by using your favourite converter (I used blplab-batch converter with these settings):
attachment.php

5. Import the files into your map using the import-editor. Replace war3mapImported\ with UI\Glues\Loading\Load-Generic\
attachment.php

6. Set Loading Screen to Generic
attachment.php

And you're done!

Pros over the model-version:
  • No model file needed
  • Smaller filesize
  • Players don't need to press a key

Attachments

• loadingscreen-template.psd
    87.4 KB · Views: 415
  • 1.png
    1.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 2.png
    2.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,298
  • 3.png
    3.png
    510.3 KB · Views: 1,358
  • 4.png
    4.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,297
  • 5.png
    5.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 1,237
  • 6.png
    6.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,317
  • 7.png
    7.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 1,190
  • 8.png
    8.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,238
Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Pretty sure that would break backwards compatibility with older versions? If it even works.
As far as I am aware all versions of Warcraft III supported non power of 2 textures. This is because the support is entirely up to the underlying graphic driver, and all modern graphic cards (eg the trash one gets integrated into a processor or the lowest end budget card from 10 years ago) and drivers support non power of 2 textures.

Textures larger than 512 in any dimension are only supported by recent versions of Warcraft III. (EDIT: this was reverted in an even more recent patch as of 1.30)

Last edited:
Level 23
As far as I am aware all versions of Warcraft III supported non power of 2 textures. This is because the support is entirely up to the underlying graphic driver, and all modern graphic cards (eg the trash one gets integrated into a processor or the lowest end budget card from 10 years ago) and drivers support non power of 2 textures.

Textures larger than 512 in any dimension are only supported by recent versions of Warcraft III.

I'm not talking about pot, but previous versions being rendered in 4:3 and stretched. So even if it would work, it wouldn't look good. (I would think)
perhaps with the custom model it could work?

Level 7
What are the pixel sizes of those slices? I'd love to use this method but I do not have photoshop, so I'd need to chop the image manually.

Edit: Nevermind, Figured it out.
For those wondering:
The full image should be 1024 x 768
The top panels should be 512 x 512
The bottom panels should be 512 x 256

Last edited: