• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Permanent Untargetable Pet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have this passive spell which if learned will automatically summon an uncontrollable and untargetable hawk. Well the hawk lets you increases the hero's vision radius. The hawk follows the hero everywhere, the problem is I don't know how to make the hawk follow the hero.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I'll just assume that dee boo made it the boring way and just order the pet to walk to the unit's position instead of making it wander around the unit, which is a bit of a visual waste.

I am certain there are quite a few pet systems that does this, my own pet system which I made years ago (still in the spell section, link in my sig) does it. I made another system called "Wander" as well, which just handles the visual, though you'd need jass to use it in your case so I wouldn't exactly recommend it.

Level 12
Well.. I could use some eye-candy of the spell, like roaming randomly everywhere inside the perimeter of the hero... Plus it would be better if the hawk suddenly attacks an enemy in range with several second interval.

Much like Emerald Warden's 4th skill in HoN (Heroes of Newerth)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Add Locust to it ? However, you will not be able to see its health points then.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

For just a unit that follows you around:

1) Add Locust or Ward type to the unit

# When you learn this ability, create a unit next to the hero. Afterwards:

2) Order it "Right Click, Move" on you
- If you added Ward type, you can still click and move it around but you won't see its command card.
- If you added Locust, it will be invulnerable and untargetable but it will still do things with you

If you want it to attack things with you, then instead order it "Patrol" on you

Level 12
For just a unit that follows you around:

1) Add Locust or Ward type to the unit

# When you learn this ability, create a unit next to the hero. Afterwards:

2) Order it "Right Click, Move" on you
- If you added Ward type, you can still click and move it around but you won't see its command card.
- If you added Locust, it will be invulnerable and untargetable but it will still do things with you

If you want it to attack things with you, then instead order it "Patrol" on you

I'll have to try that.

You could also give him a customized Phoenix fire ability.

What will that ability do?

Status
Not open for further replies.