• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Abilities Based on Water Elemental Dont Work With Water Elemental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Hello guys,

I have just tested creating custom ability based on water elemetnal, and giving it an order string different than that of the wter elemental: I gave it SummonQuilBeast order string. Furthermore, I changed the hotkey as well

When I gave both abilities to one hero, and used the custom which has summon beast order string, the hero used both the abilities and summoned two water elementals and lost mana of both (as if he used both)

So, anybody cares to elaborate on this? I know I can just base the ability on summon quil beast or summon hawk, but maybe some abilities dont have similar ones. I.e. what should I have done if summon quil beast and hawk never existed and I wanted ability to summon another elemental, as well as the summon water elemental both for one hero?

Status
Not open for further replies.