• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Pet with it's own will?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Pet with it's own will & Autocast problem

Ok, so what I bascially want to do is:

1. Create a pet that will follow the caster (that I can do).
What I can't do is: How to make it completely uncontrollable, but still selectable and player-unit. (Like units in castle fight, if u remember. THey belong to u, they move, they cast but they are completely uncontrollable.)

Any ideas?

2. Create a spell based on searing/frost arrows that must not be able to be autocasted. I just want it as a spell like all others. I want to remove autocast possibility. How?

Level 2
1 - i got nothin... sorry.
2 - im pretty sure you can change weather its got auto-cast on or not.
otherwise you can exchange something like the Fireball abilities "missile"
and replace it with your selected model? and remove the stun, if thats what you meant

Edit: oh and if you want them to act like there shooting it. (say its an archer) change the animations it does at the top of the spell to "attack"

Level 12
1. I think in castlefight there is a script that detect when the unit is issued order by user, and immidiatelly issues the "correct" order, so that player interference is prevented.

2. I would try setting autocast order strings to empty (in object editor). If it doesn't work, you can always detect autocast-on order and issue autocast-off

Level 15
1. How's that? Any idea how can control be disabled?

2. I want a simple ability like "Does 3x agility in damage" with "Projectile art"

And the only spell I can use is acid bomb .... (others have stun of effect)
I need searing/frost arrows or ... something else?

Level 12
1. For such pet system, you will need some custom order issuing system(). Just make sure that each time user orders the unit, the system orders it with it's original order, replacing the order user just gave.

2. You could use damage detection system. Crete custom acid bomb, with custom buff and 0.01 damage. Then, when unit is damaged (standard event), check whether it does have this buff. If it does, it has just been hit by your spell. Remove the buff and deal appropriate amount of damage with trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.