• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Permanent invisibility and phase shift bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Phase shift does not work when a unit has permanent invisibility.

I use the invisibility with 999999 fade time to disable auto-attacks.

Level 12
I ran into something like this as well. I had wind walk, phase shift, and permanent invisibility on the same character. There were many strange issues. I eventually just removed the permanent invisibility (and later phase shift because it didn't do what I wanted it to).

Seems like you can't do that, though. You could try triggering the phase shift ability using a dummy spell. It is worth noting that phase shift doesn't protect the unit from everything - particularly triggered damage - unless you are already checking for phase shift buff in all of those. It is probably just better to trigger the effect and make the unit invulnerable.

Alternatively, you could look for another way to disable auto attacks. I don't know of any, though.

Level 7
I only use phase shift as an auto-cast spell with no target. I can find other abilities but it helps that it makes the unit disappear. The problem I have is that even when it is not auto-casted, phase shift still procs. I don't know how to turn this off.

Level 12
I only use phase shift as an auto-cast spell with no target. I can find other abilities but it helps that it makes the unit disappear. The problem I have is that even when it is not auto-casted, phase shift still procs. I don't know how to turn this off.

I don't know why it is auto-casting still when you turn it off. Did you change the order strings in the object editor?

Anyway, you can make the unit disappear by making them 100% transparent. There is a GUI function to do it and I think it should work right. The only issue maybe is the shadow will stay. I don't remember if phase shift hides the unit's shadow.

The sequence would be like:
unit casts spell
spell is phase shift
hide the unit (100% transparency)
make the unit invulnerable (there might be a trigger to do this directly, but you could just add the invulnerable spell)

Then you remove those effects after the duration. I suppose you might need to add some special conditions to make it interrupt if you give the unit other orders. They also would still be able to attack lol, but that's funny it would prevent auto attacks with your permanent invisibility thing so they'd have to give it an order to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.