• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

REAL permanent invisibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
how do i make real permanent invisibility for a unit?

not the bullshit "pseudo permanent invisibility" that unveils a unit when it attacks or casts a spell.

how please tell me :O

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Use the shade's (undead unit with no attack) invisiblity.

As far as I remember from random listening to the boards, it never turns visible (although can still be detected and attacked with revealing LoS abilities).

I can garuntee you such an ability exists though as fortress survival uses it.

Level 9
the shade simply doesnt turn visible, because he can neither cast nor attack -______-'

but a simple check of the abilities data revealed that one can alter the timespan the unit becomes visible when performing said actions. i set it to zero and voila.

totally permanent invisibility!

still thank you very much for the input and quick response!

Level 9
oh sry, since my problem was already solved, i didnt bother to check wether shade uses the modified-"permanent invisibility" ability, as i presumed, or another ability, as it turned out to be.

evening chaps! and thank you very much for the delightful further input

Status
Not open for further replies.