• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Permanent Invisibility Not Permanent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I have a unit with a modified Permanent Invisibility on it, I was told that setting the duration to 0.01 or 0.00 would make it so the unit would always stay invisible without a fade back to invisible whenever it does anything. My problem is, when I make him use Devour, he becomes visible again until done digesting the unit!

Is there any way to make a real permanent invisibility? I'm pretty sure if he built any units or started a channeled ability it would break this so called 'permanent' invisibility as well.

EDIT: Normally I'd use a dummy doing the actual devouring and make it invulnerable, locust, and have no model, but if I did that you wouldn't be able to click on the unit who 'did' the devour and see how much HP the devoured unit has left

Last edited:
Level 13
I have a unit with a modified Permanent Invisibility on it, I was told that setting the duration to 0.01 or 0.00 would make it so the unit would always stay invisible without a fade back to invisible whenever it does anything. My problem is, when I make him use Devour, he becomes visible again until done digesting the unit!

Is there any way to make a real permanent invisibility? I'm pretty sure if he built any units or started a channeled ability it would break this so called 'permanent' invisibility as well.

EDIT: Normally I'd use a dummy doing the actual devouring and make it invulnerable, locust, and have no model, but if I did that you wouldn't be able to click on the unit who 'did' the devour and see how much HP the devoured unit has left
i dont really understand "but if I did that you wouldn't be able to click on the unit who 'did' the devour and see how much HP the devoured unit has left" that

there may be no way to do that :(
also if you have wind walk that is not making unit invisible (has transition time shorter than duration) you will not be able to be invisible on any way

i think the best thing you could do it

create dummy unit at position of casting unit for owner of unit (casting unit)
order last created unit to <cast your ability> to target unit of ability being cast
set countdown times to 1 sec for last created unit

>click shift+enter or dummy unit´s Model File and type _
on that was uni will be invisible and unable to be selected by any player
>make chain with 0 damage,1 target to be your triggered spell

or

-set casting unit transparency to 100
you could create unit with casting units model file
turn off collusion size for last created unit
move last created unit instantly to position of casting unit facing casting units degrees
play casting units cast spell animation
set countdown timer for last created unit to 1 sec
wait <x> seconds
-set casting unit transparency to 0

maybe wait will make bug if it is to long so you will have to store the casting unit into a variable
-set (unit stored in a variable) unit transparency to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.