• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Passive Invisibility Hero Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Just copy the permanent invisibility ability and make it a hero ability, increase the levels of it and change the fade delay per level?

edo494, In Dota, the Hero riki has permanent invisibility but becomes visible when he attacks, the more levels you put on his invisibility the faster he becomes invisible after attacking.

Just copy the permanent invisibility ability and make it a hero ability, increase the levels of it and change the fade delay per level?

edo494, In Dota, the Hero riki has permanent invisibility but becomes visible when he attacks, the more levels you put on his invisibility the faster he becomes invisible after attacking.

There is no fade time on permanent invisibility in the object editor.

Level 23

Riki uses something like the wolves from melee orc hero at level 2/3.

However, for instance slark, after using his ultimate will be invisible even if attacking, and that is achievable if you give one unit 2 different passive invisibilities

Level 24
Then why not make a timer and when that timer expires, you gain invisibility.
Every time you attack or start casting/channeling a spell, you remove the invisibility and set the timer to (10.00 - Real(level of Ability)). (Ofc you can change that.)

Make an ability based of attribute bonus and set bonus to 0 for all levels.

(If you want it MUI then use JASS and a hashtable to save the timer values and the units with the ability.)

Level 7
You can change the fade-cooldown time of Permenant Invisibility in the object editor.
I think it's the duration of the ability you have to adjust in order to change the fade-time. Without editing, the time is 2 seconds (I think?) - but you can make it a hero ability with different levels and fade-cooldowns.

You can change the fade-cooldown time of Permenant Invisibility in the object editor.
I think it's the duration of the ability you have to adjust in order to change the fade-time. Without editing, the time is 2 seconds (I think?) - but you can make it a hero ability with different levels and fade-cooldowns.

If you would set that up in the WE I would appreciate it.

Level 7
Give me two seconds - I have to start up my right computer with WCIII installed :)

Edit:
Permentant Inv.png
As you can see on the picture, the fade-time is now 10,8,6 seconds depending on the level of the spell. :)

Give me two seconds - I have to start up my right computer with WCIII installed :)

Edit:
View attachment 140638
As you can see on the picture, the fade-time is now 10,8,6 seconds depending on the level of the spell. :)

Thank you. Do you have a suggestion on how to use this with a dummy hero ability? Because it does not show up I will have to have a learnable hero ability that this draws from.

Level 7
Like this? (i'm not a master in triggers!)
  • Permentant Invisibility
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Permanent Invisibility (dummy)
    • Actions
      • Set Invisibility_integer = (Invisibility_integer + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Invisibility_integer Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Permanent Invisibility (actual) to (Triggering unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Set level of Permanent Invisibility (actual) for (Triggering unit) to Invisibility_integer
The initial value of Invisility_integer is 0.
This trigger should do it. The dummy spell is a passive ability that does nothing but raising the level of the actual spell in this trigger.

Level 23

attachment.php

you dont need dummy abilities and/or triggering for this

EDIT: I wonder how can I make screenshot that is bigger than my screen, when in fact it is smaller than my screen(the original captured area)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-11-03 21.47.40.png
    Screenshot 2014-11-03 21.47.40.png
    187 KB · Views: 394

attachment.php

you dont need dummy abilities and/or triggering for this

EDIT: I wonder how can I make screenshot that is bigger than my screen, when in fact it is smaller than my screen(the original captured area)

So it actually shows up with an icon in game if you alter the hero ability field? I'm not at home right now to check.

EDIT:

I've attached the solution.

Attachments

• 1.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.