• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

PLZ! Help me! (making permanent invisibility icon show up as passive ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys. Ok, I'm trying to create an ability that will make my hero become invisible permanently, except when attacking. I based it on the draenei's ability. It's a hero ability now, and it works but, I have a problem. When the hero learns the ability, the icon disappears and I dont know how to make it appear has a passive ability. Can someone help? :confused:

Level 15
Make a passive ability that has the same icon but no effect. Then run a trigger so that when a hero learns that ability, they get the icon. Make sure to add in that when they level up the ability the dummy ability gets leveled up as well.

Although Chief-Oblivion has the right idea, that won't work for hero abilities. And what you'd be looking for is the "Art Icon - Visible?" box, not the "Art Icon - Normal" box.

Level 16
Ok, first make ability based on some aura (eg. brilliance aura). Set all values of mana regen (or other aura bonuses) to 0, targets allowed only to self and remove buff. Make that aura have levels like your original spell and write all tooltips on it.

Then, make trigger like this:
  • Invisibility Skill
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Invisibility
    • Actions
      • -------- In conditions above I use hero skill comparison --------
      • -------- In conditions below I use integer comparison, unit - level of ability for unit --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Level of Invisibility for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • -------- If your invisibility spell is just learned we must add aura --------
          • Unit - Add Aura to (Triggering unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Aura for (Triggering unit) to 1
        • Else - Actions
          • -------- if your hero increases level of invisibility, we must increase level of aura too --------
          • Unit - Increase level of Aura for (Triggering unit)

Status
Not open for further replies.