• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Permanent Invisibility Research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there, guys. I have another problem again, but this time it's all about the research to get the ability.

I have noticed that when I add the Techtree - Requirements with at least a research so that you can unlock the Permanent Invisibility. However, when added, the ability appears to allow to use although a research is still needed to be conducted. So how would I make this ability to get the research before using it? I mean the Permanent Invisbility

umm.... well I done a test map and it does not like permanent invisibility.
It seems to do the opposite of what its deposed to do like if you give it a dependency with an upgrade it goes invisible without even needing the upgrade and if no requirement it just doesn't work? looks like it will have to be done with triggers:p(as said).

Attachments

• test.w3x
    12.2 KB · Views: 65
Level 4
dwqma1305971620.png

Something like that never happened to me...

Level 4
Ah, yes everyone. If I don't conduct any research according to the requirements to unlock that ability mentioned, the spell still works. I must make it disabled only until through a research first. A burden yet to carried out, if you would say.

As I said before, I have already use the Techtree - Requirements. It won't work any shit.

@Renschi
That Techtree - Check Dependecies is always enabled, yet it never work. And yet, when I switched to another requirement, it still stubborn like shit. Damn World Editor is like a Freak World Editor full of bugs.

I think Object Editor won't work if continue like this. I'm going to Trigger Editor. Anyone has suggestion?

Level 7
if your skill is based on Permanent Invisibility, an icon-less skill, then i have a suggestion (because i tried and it does not work as well)
First, make a "fake" Perma Invis based on Evasion. I tried and it does require upgrades
Try using triggers:
Trigger 1:
  • Events
    • An unit finishes research
  • Conditions
    • (Researched tech-type) Equal to <your tech-type>
  • Actions
    • Trigger - Turn on Trigger 2
Trigger 2
  • Events
    • A unit Finishes training a unit
  • Conditions
    • (Unit type of (Trained unit)) Equal to <your unit type>
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add <Permanent Invisibility> to (Trained unit)
I do not 100% guarantee that this will work, but... well, you should try it out =p

Level 4
I just tried the Techtree thing and it works properly. Firstly I added a Canon Tower to the requirements, then an upgrade (Black Gunpowder). The ability cannot be casted, however you can still learn it.

Level 7
explain clearly please... which part doesn't work? Adding ability, or anything? ... oh right... In addition, you'll need another trigger that is activated in trigger 1, that gives the <permanent invisibility> to current units under your control of <your unit type>...
i'm not sure about disabling-enabling this ability to players, because this one works weirdly... well anyway you should check out Adiktuz's solution too

Level 4
of course... but the ability in question is Perm Invi, and somehow based on the OPs post, it works even without researching the upgrade...

I just wanted to prove that Techtree - Check Dependencies works. At least for me. I just tried with Permanent Invisibility and now agree with you, do it via triggers ^_^

Level 4
@Falzelo
I tried your both trigger 1 and trigger 2. And despite I didn't even research the techtree required, the spell is still usable. Also, even if I placed the Requirement Techtree for the Permanent Invisibility ability, yet same thing happens again. I believe I have made this clear for you.

@Adiktuz
What solution? Do you mean:

an easier way is to just add them to the unit on the OE, disable that ability for all players on map init, then once a player researches it, enable it for him...

@Renschi
You say yours works. How did you manage it? Just being curious

Status
Not open for further replies.