• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Make an invisible building

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I need to make a building permanently invisible. Nothing special, no triggers, just as a passive ability.
If there is a way to make it dependable on an upgrade research, that'd be great too.

I've tried playing around with "Ghost" ability, but I had no success.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Level 2
Did you try adding the permanent invisibilty ability to it?
If you give that ability a research requirement, you should have the intended effect.
Hmm. I just tried making a copy of that ability, giving it an icon, a tooltip and a description, just to see if it works. I added it to building's normal abilities, but for some reason it doesn't show up at all o_O

Level 15
It works with permanent invisibility. It shows no icon, so you cannot see the ability. Also transperancy is not shown, so you do not realize that a building is invisible.
Place an enemy invisible building and you will see, that you can't see it.

Level 2
It works with permanent invisibility. It shows no icon, so you cannot see the ability. Also transperancy is not shown, so you do not realize that a building is invisible.
Place an enemy invisible building and you will see, that you can't see it.
Interesting, it works :) Thanks for that :)

Now the only issue remaining is that even when enemy Moon Well (custom) is invisible, you can still see the water. Also when I build my own Moon Well (custom) I don't see any water animations either when its full or half empty (like the original one has).

Level 15
Yes the water model comes from the ability. I tried it myself and the water model was always visible ignoring the visibility of the building, which would make sense. I don't know why the water should be invisible for the player.

Level 2
Well I restored the original ability since the custom one I made had the animation issue, and didn't do much better than the original ability anyway.

But the invisible bug still appears. Here are 2 screenshots:
1st at the start, when all the structures are invisible.
2nd once I researched Magic Sentry to see the enemy buildings.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041417_165127_01.tga
    5.5 MB · Views: 82
  • WC3ScrnShot_041417_165148_03.tga
    5.5 MB · Views: 34
Level 15
That's the same result I had. I think there is not much you can do about it. Removing the model from the abiltiy will make the water completely invisible. After that you can add a dummy unit with the water model and adjust its height according to the mana points (the water model should have the same invisibility ability as the building and locust).
Might be too much effort to try though.

Level 2
That's the same result I had. I think there is not much you can do about it. Removing the model from the abiltiy will make the water completely invisible. After that you can add a dummy unit with the water model and adjust its height according to the mana points (the water model should have the same invisibility ability as the building and locust).
Might be too much effort to try though.
In the end I just removed the model from the original Moon Well, and now ... all is well. *badumTsss*

Thanks for your help guys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.