• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Very Weird Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have created this caster unit with several abilities. The ability witch I think is causing the ability is the permanent invisibility contained in the second level of an dummy spellbook ability. When you upgrade the sorceress upgrade level 2 the dummy spellbook upgrades too, enabling the permanent invisibility within it. I created that complicated dummy spell both because perm invi doesn't have an icon and because perm invi weirdly also activates even when the upgrade requirements aren't met.
Now to the bug: when I build the caster everything is fine and they can't still become invisible (this is intended). When I do the upgrade while having these caster units still everything is fine and the casters become invisible. When I build casters AFTER I do the upgrade the game crashes generating no error message.
Does anybody have ideas how to fix this?

I don't know how exactly do you use Requirements, but a) you don't need a spell book for the Permanent Invisibility; icon will not show in-game and b) you can do it like this:
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit finishes an upgrade
  • Conditions
    • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Sorceress Upgrade
    • (Current research level of Sorceress Upgrade for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to 2
  • Actions
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Sorceress) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Unit - Add Permanenet Invisibility to (Picked unit)

Level 4
hmm, I didn't want to do it that way but if its the only way to fix it...
I really want to know what exactly is causing the bug...
Could anyone please go to my project (in the signature), download the map, and recreate the bug so I can see if its my warcraft that's causing it and if I have to reinstall it. To do that choose humans, build an Archmage, upgrade the altar into a Violet Tower, upgrade Sorceress Master Training in the Arcane Sanctum and build an Arcane Agent in the Violet tower. After that tell me if it crashed for you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.