• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Transformation ability and Engine Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Currently I am working on an transformation ability that transformation an unit into another unit with stronger ability via Engine Upgrade. It work fine when I transform it, but when it untransformation. The learned ability all gone.
Example:
Unit A - hero ability = Storm Bolt, Blink, Roboglobin; unit ability = inventory.

Unit B (level1) - hero ability = Storm Bolt (level 1), Blink (level 1), Roboglobin; unit ability = inventory, engine upgrade (level 1).

Unit B (level2) - hero ability = Storm Bolt (level 2), Blink (level 2), Roboglobin; unit ability = inventory, engine upgrade (level 2).

Unit B (level3) - hero ability = Storm Bolt (level 3), Blink (level 3), Roboglobin; unit ability = inventory, engine upgrade (level 3).

Unit A cast Robogoblin, he become Unit B (level 3), His storm bolt and blink were upgraded by the engine upgrade to storm bolt (level 3) and blink (level 3). But when he Unrobogoblin, every ability he got will unlearned.
I try add Unengine Upgrade (level 1), Unengine Upgrade (level 2), and Unengine Upgrade (level 3) into a spellbook to the Unit A but the result much worst, his ability will not get upgrade when he Robogoblin.

Someone help me please?

Level 1
Kino's suggestion can be used, but first, you must save the current level of the previous ability into an Integer variable, later then, load that saved variable and use the "Set Level Ability" action

But this bugged me. If the hero die while in another form, he will revive with no ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.