1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Permanently Invisible Buildings

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Wazzz, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tried using the Permanent Invisibility ability on a building but it doesn't work. Threads I've searched for appear to detail scenarios where the ability has worked on buildings, but I can't get to that stage. Anybody know why? There's not really any variables to mention on the ability itself, other than the duration is 0 (which means that you don't reveal yourself on attacks).

2. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I was under impression that buildings lack transparency. So even if it is invisible it will appear without the usual transparency effect but to enemy player it should be invisible. I have tested now with Ghost, Permanent Invisibility and Shadowmeld and while buildings for me were normal, the enemy buildings were invisible (Moon Well Water was visible). You'll have to add transparency effect with triggers if that is possible.

3. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    as far as I know, 0 fade time means you will never totally fade away, which means you will never be completly invisible.

If you want permanent invisibility even when attacking, you can do the same trick that dota does with Slark's ultimate, and that is to put 2 different passive invisibilities on the same unit(ghost wolf's ability as well as one passive invis which can be found in the object editor)

4. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually undead shade "Ghost" ability doesn't reveal when attacked at all so why add two invisibilities. He didn't say that he wanted that anyway just commenting about fade data (Edit: Tested, Wazzz is right).

5. chobibo

chobibo

Resources:
    Resources:
    edo was talking about attacking, not being attacked

6. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Actually I by mistake wrote attacked instead of attacking, so it was my grammar mistake not misunderstanding (unless I am still misunderstanding). Attacked units don't break invisibility as far as I know. My point is still valid: "units with Ghost ability (or permanent invisibility set to 0) aren't revealed when they attack."

7. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The value being 0 truly should make a unit permanently invisible.

8. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm... well, it's possible that when the building was visible, I think it may have been on account of a detector, so you may be on to something there - I'll give it a look into, thanks ^_^

UPDATE: okay, just tested it and that doesn't seem to be the case unfortunately.

UPDATED UPDATE: for those who are saying that when the duration is set to 0 it means it doesn't break invisibility when you attack, that is absolutely correct.

9. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    UPDATE: I'm using the latest version of jass newgen that I can find (5d), are there any later versions? I'm not sure if it's a version issue, but I do need to use newjass in my map.

10. Lender

Lender

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  11. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    that one comes after 5d? o_O
    i'll give it a look into, thanks :D

12. Lender

Lender

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    it was 1.5d to be exact:D thats why

13. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    ahhh, that explains it :p
    is there any other place to download it from other than blizzardmodding.com? i tried registering to it but it won't send me a activation email :/

14. Lender

Lender

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    well I got it from there:/ don't know where else can u find it.

15. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Try using a different email (gmail for example works). Other people had problems too, afaik.

16. Lender

Lender

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I used gmail so yeah that should work:)

17. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    gmail, eh? well, i'll give it a go, thanks :D

18. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    UPDATE:
    I used my gmail account and successfully registered and downloaded the latest version of Warcraft Newgen (thanks for the tip :D )
    The bad news, however, is that I still can't seem to get buildings to be invisible, and I can't for the life of me figure out why, especially since I have made buildings invisible before

19. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Make buildings actually be units? Hey as far as we know transparency might be hardcoded not to work on buildings.

20. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    considered that possibility, but i think that would present a whole lot of new issues in itself, not to mention it would be lengthy to do as there are a lot of buildings already so far...
    it's weird, because i know i've made buildings invisible in another map i worked on some time ago o_O
    at least, i believe i did :p