• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Path of the Damned

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Introduction:

This is my first serious map project for StarCraft II. I've always enjoyed the campaign aspect of StarCraft and have played through all of Blizzards campaigns several times, along with a multitude of different campaigns made by the public.

"Path of the Damned" is a remake of Blizzards Warcraft 3 undead campaign, converted into Starcraft world using basic units, tho with a twist!
It includes 7 missions which mean that I decided to skip the first "no base" map and instead made a little mix of chapter 1 & 2 as one map.

This campaign comes with a mod that has to be put into your basic mod catalogue.

All maps are nearly fully voiced with a few logical exeptions. So make sure u have show subtitles on in ingame options.

Story:

The Lich King's plague has spread through the Capital City and into the outskirts of Lordaeron. Shocked and disheartened by the loss of their beloved king, the forces of Lordaeron were scattered by the ravenous Zerg. Now, Lordaeron is but a shadow of its former glory - and Prince Arthas has yet to be seen...

How to play:

Unfortunaly Blizzard doesnt support campaign play, so the only way to play these maps is by opening up the first map in starcraft editor and press "Test map"

Credits:

Special thanks goes ofcourse to Blizzard for making the orignal tremendous story campaign.
Special thanks to the creators of WoWModelviewer for the skins.

Known bugs:

6th map has some unknown water height issues causing some minor silly problem.
7th map the creep from buildings is visually hidden for some unknown reason, u can however see the creep on the minimap so its still playable...

Keywords:
zerg undead wc3 campaign lich
Previews
Contents

1.SC2Map (Map)

2.SC2Map (Map)

3.SC2Map (Map)

4.SC2Map (Map)

5.SC2Map (Map)

6.SC2Map (Map)

7.SC2Map (Map)

WC.SC2Mod (Mod)

Reviews
11:26, 4th Jun 2016 Map: Path of the Damned Version: 1.00 Review by Shar Dundred I had really high hopes for this campaign, I was really looking forward to playing it. Sadly, I was disappointed. The terrain is absolutely plain, it looks...

M

11:26, 4th Jun 2016

Map: Path of the Damned
Version: 1.00

Review
by Shar Dundred

I had really high hopes for this campaign, I was really looking forward to playing it. Sadly, I was disappointed.
The terrain is absolutely plain, it looks as if you haven't even tried.
The gameplay is rather weak too.
I was expecting a nice StarCraft conversion of WarCraft, instead you get a strange combination of WarCraft heroes and StarCraft units.
The overall execution of this interesting concept is weak, to be honest, and it's sad because I WANTED this to be good.

Not rated
Rejected

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72

Map: Path of the Damned
Version: 1.00

Review
by Shar Dundred

I had really high hopes for this campaign, I was really looking forward to playing it. Sadly, I was disappointed.
The terrain is absolutely plain, it looks as if you haven't even tried.
The gameplay is rather weak too.
I was expecting a nice StarCraft conversion of WarCraft, instead you get a strange combination of WarCraft heroes and StarCraft units.
The overall execution of this interesting concept is weak, to be honest, and it's sad because I WANTED this to be good.

Not rated
Rejected