• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Path of the Damned: Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Welcome to the forum post for Path of the Damned Revamp, a hobby campaign I'm currently working on that aims to spice up and add a different approach to the classic undead campaign. This campaign features the all the original missions as well as a newly added mission taking place as the new mission 3. The main focus of this revamp is to fundamentally change how the undead function as a race via introducing a more impactful Raise Dead. Every unit raised will now be a new unique unit based off of what you killed, albeit with weaker stats. These units are permanent but will not last long against their stronger living counterparts and as such you will constantly need to keep moving forward to crush your foes under a wall of literal bodies. While your necromancers start out with only the ability to raise feeble zombies from corpses, your power will grow as you conquer more and grow your Scourge.

The next important addition is a strategic layer consisting of both picking Arthas Menethil's abilities at the start of every mission and purchasing upgrades for your units to improve their capabilities. The campaign features 3 Difficulty levels each with their own specific achievement attached so that you may prove your mastery of the missions. This release contains the first 3 maps that are available for testing.

Keep in mind this is a beta version and bugs are likely if not expected!
Requires patch version -> 1.32.10.17165

Have fun!

Known Issues: Nathanos managing to spawn himself on the side of a cliff at the start of mission 3.
Secondary heroes do not correctly carry over from mission 2 to 3.

Attachments

• PathOfTheDamnedRevampBeta1.0.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 2,092
Last edited:
Level 4
Hi i finished the campaign... i would suggest a new voice for Araj, check the skills for undead paladin, maybe some new items not changed icons and they are basic ring of protection and claws of attack, add them 1 or 2 str, ag, int, i like the idea with the new heroes, also i found a bug... there in chapter 3 the archer hero spawns where is kel thuzad... and yet... I've tried to restart several times..but i was useless...

1620404866083.png

Level 3
nice work sevenblood this is a awesome campaign i love the new chapter and the scourge points are a cool addition but Mr.aonir already showed one bug of dark ranger being stuck and being there is also a other bug i found it was all the other heroes lost their items when i played the third chapter only ranger has the items but he is stuck there so araj and the undead paladin lost all their items

Level 4
For me, the items where there, a strange thing happened in chapter 2, the Blue Paladin Attacked up to the outside of the Teal Base. Also i got attacked from the gold my too.

Level 4
Ok i finished all on brutal difficulty, arthas is losing items for chapter 5 6 and 7, chapter 3 is full with bugs, arthas is fighting invisible mages, check the skins on F12 in editor and the path for them, broken green afk AI, death knight Kath wrong skill hot keys, at the black and roll the sound suddenly stopped and you can hear low volume of orcs diyng, also the units aren't speaking. Broken images at tech tree and heroes.. and so on.

Attachments

• bug 2.png
    bug 2.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 129
  • bug 3.png
    bug 3.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 189
  • bug.png
    bug.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 194
Level 2
Here are some bugs I experienced.

From ch 4 to 5, Drathir's(?) inventory doesn't carry over. from ch 5 to 7, Arthas' inventory doesn't carry over

Desecration (the skill 2 aoe heal), in my perspective, didn't heal my units (nerubians, Arthas, other heroes) and may have healed the enemies instead, not too sure about the latter part though, my eyes may have been playing tricks on me

Level 2
Loved the campaign but on the key of three moons mission there is no sufficient space to build our structures on our main base. The area is too narrow, where we cant build more structures. It would be good if you just make it a bit wider.

Level 5
This one was quite nice campaign, I liked it a lot. Few Annoying things i'd change. Make sure Arthas is always at F1.
1.In most missions, unfortunately Araj jumps into that place making it a bit... annoying as I said.
2. Since you kill off Dar'khan Drathir, maybe make his items fall off him in next mission? I reloaded to not lose Brilliance aura cuz with this army spellcasters are briliance is just awesome.
3. Ability 3, The one that restores mana and resets Call of Nerzul. (might be wrong name xD, Arthas reanimation of 1 body skill) is not working in almost all skills. I wanted to choose it.... and nothing happens.
4. In orcs mission, they summon Doom Guards.... And then suddenly they dont? Is that scripted to summon only X amount or was that a bug?
If i'll remember more i'll let you know. I'd also make missions after the 3rd harder. That one was really difficult, endless attacks from 3 diffrent sides with 3 heroes and farstriders. That was difficult and had to micromanage a lot. But after that it was rather easy I'd say. So maybe consider doing it even harder on max difficulty :D.
About The blood elf episode. That one super cool. It felt refreshing to manage mana and lore-wise correctly. That was amazing loved it. Not sure if Kealthas Item works everytime tho, But i love giving old units new abilities, changing it up, adding new so using the new casters was great. oh oh. And it was nice touch to fight against undead that was the same way done as I was playing. It was challenging i had to restart 2-3 times :D.
Anyway. It was amzing fun I'd give 4.5./5 For that i think. cuz of those small things that were annoying.

PS. Including additional Lore is always a huge plus so on that side 5/5 ^^ Keep up the good work cuz I want to play the Blood elfes full release :D
Best Regards

Level 5
Oh oh! I remember one thing that was.... Just so annoying. Was it intentional to make some buildings and things much.... Biggger? Like some gold mines take half of my screen :D. And it really really makes game much more inconvenient and uncomfortable. Maybe make it regular sizes? Same with Meat wagons, and some buildings?

Level 1
Super fun campaign! I have been looking for some spice to my favourite war3 campaigns for a long long time!
I love that you actually feel like an unstoppable force rolling through the enemy bases, resurrecting a bigger and bigger army as you go along. On that note the raise dead spell might be a little too OP, theres a lot of fun new units i could build but never felt the need to actually do so, since the units we can raise are just super strong. Maybe it will be a fun idea for a future achievement to have no units raised from the dead, just a thought.

Excited to see your future work with the blood elf campaign, i love the concept of mana starvation

Level 1
I played these maps and have to say I was major league Impressed! The difficulty is high until you understand the tech tree and I like your emphasis on moving early and aggressively. In the base campaigns its easy to sit back and defend until you're all tech'd up. Additionally, the raise dead mechanic is so cool the way it is expanded from the base campaign and really gives the faction an identity. It really feels like you're controlling an unstoppable wave of undead like in lore. The fall of Silvermoon was such a good moment after challenging missions being able to just STEAM through the elves. I have nothing but positives from this and can't WAIT to see your blood elf campaign!! Top work all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.