• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Path of paladin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
In front the impenetrable forest, In back the opaque darkness...
8011147.png

Level 1
I like the subtle flowers in the grass. It brings a bit of color to the whole green ordeal, without overdoing it too much.
But as stated, the tiles should be swapped to some HQ ones.
Or if anything, the Ashenvale tileset has some of my favorite vanilla textures. I don't know how it'd look though.

But as stated, the tiles should be swapped to some HQ ones.
Or if anything, the Ashenvale tileset has some of my favorite vanilla textures. I don't know how it'd look though.
How about NO? The tiles are fine honestly, it's just that they're too damn striking at the moment.
Those need a whole load of foliage to cover up those rough edges.

Also, as NKnight said, it has that old school vibe to it.
I personally love it even with those discrepancies like the sun(e.g).

I do love that you used the sky-box, BUT...it needs more covering like using cloud spheres, clouds(maybe) and glow to even out that sudden transition between the sky and canopy.

Speaking of canopies and suns, you can do a better sun with the glow doodad placed out with different tinting and at different distance from camera.
As for the previous, the canopy seems all mushy and very uniform-ish which gives it the feeling that it lacks depth.

Also, you might give it some background mountains since now it has that end of the world look to it.

Level 18
I like the feeling that this terrain has but there are a few things I dislike, the tileset you used doesn't really fit with all the other things in the terrain and perhaps replace the paladin model with a higher quality one. And the fog in the background seems a bit to much and yellowish but that could just be my opinion. Also since it's a nature terrain you might want to consider adding a critter (whatever it's named) but a higher quality one not the wc3 one (but this is just a personal opinion) Anyway besides that I like it so +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.