• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch destabilized map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 64
Ever since the Reforged Pre-Patch, my WotR map has been upsettingly unstable, crashing when I pan the camera around after doing some work on part of the map.

Here are the errors I'm getting
error2-png.329566

error1-png.329565

I've never had these crashes before, and I've worked on maps with much more complexity and depth.
What in the world is going on here?

While I'm not overly keen to publish a leak of the map for testing purposes, I'd be willing to in order to have this solved.

(It crashed again scrolling over Goblin Town while I was typing this.)

Dr. Super Good told me (back when I asked the same question as yours) to not to use 64 bit version to prevent the crashes since it is believed that WE is not built for 64 bit, go open your map with 32 bit version of WE, it worked for me.

(But currently I am opening my maps at my 1.30.4 version of WE since I was able to backup the files before the patch and it still works - it is more stable especially the object editor because the OE is bugged in 1.31.1)

Last edited:
Level 64
I tried the -graphicsapi Direct3D9 trick and I got a different crash.

It appears to be a memory leak, it only started happening after the patch, and near as I can tell - it only happens on this map. (which is a bummer, that's 4 years of work)

It gets worse and worse each time I open the map and attempt anything that involves panning the camera, clicking on the minimap, or God forbid copy/pasting doodads/terrain

I've done a deep-dive on the conversations I was having with the lead coder for the map, and it may have been directly modified via editing the .MPQ through a text editor

The Broken Map | HIVE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.