• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.22 "Function not in database"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've just installed the patch 1.22a and i've tried to open a map i was working on, and i had theese errors:

"Function not in database: DisplayTextToPlayer"
and soon after
"Function not in database: #" where # was a square thingie i don't know how to type (well usually it appears for unknown characters so...)

and after this error the editor crashes

This application has encountered a critical error:

Insufficient memory to execute the command
Program: c:\Programmi\Warcraft iii\worldedit.exe
Object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@

Press OK to terminate the application

(I'm Translating this from italian so i hope i've been precise with the translation :hohum: )

Level 7
Ofc it's my map (if i was trying to open an unprotected map i wouldn't be asking here with a lame excuse even, don't you think so?) it's a charge spell i was working on http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f269/check-if-there-units-obstacles-your-way-114650/ (notice i made the post some days ago). I'm not sure how the display text to player ended up there because i was using GUI (prolly a function of Newgen i wasn't aware of) and the only message there's in the map is the one that warns you if you are too close to the unit you want to charge

and well it happened when i've installed the new patch, i was able to open it with Newgenpack 5a while using the world editor with 1.21, now i wanted to install the new patch and that's what happened

Level 7
As i feared, thanks anyway
EDIT: So i've installed again war3 ver 1.21 and removed the DisplayTextToPlayer with Newgen 5a, then tried to open it again with Newgen 5b and i had several other errors

"Function not in database: " and no function written
"Function not in database: GeRect" Instead of GetRect, which is quite weird
"Function not in database: GeCaster" Instead of GetCaster

Again, it's not a protected map, if you want i can attach it so you can test it yourself with newgen 5b. I think it's a bug with newgen 5b (haven't installed 1.22 yet)

Last edited:
Level 2
I had the same problem

"
I've just installed the patch 1.22a and i've tried to open a map i was working on, and i had theese errors:

"Function not in database: DisplayTextToPlayer"
and soon after
"Function not in database: #" where # was a square thingie i don't know how to type (well usually it appears for unknown characters so...)

and after this error the editor crashes

This application has encountered a critical error:

Insufficient memory to execute the command
Program: c:\Programmi\Warcraft iii\worldedit.exe
Object: .PAVCWETriggerFunction@@
"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.