• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandemic™ [SC2 Infection Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Alright. In that case, do you want me to simplify infected as well? For example

The Bosses

These units are smart infected, controlled by a player and have unique abilities. Weapon choices available for your zombies are shown below and each one visually changes your zombie in a way. These could also be used to customize an individual zombie owned by your boss infected

Two choices only. First choice is controlled with mouse 1, while your second choice is controlled with mouse 2

Hardened Fists: The fists of this zombie has hardened, allowing for a powerful stunning punch. Deals 5 damage and reduces accuracy by 10% to target on hit

Stiff Grabber: The arm muscles of this zombie have mutated and strengthen them, leaving its legs weak and scrawny. Can grab an enemy and run away with it, dragging it along and dealing 2 damage a second

Mantis Claws: The hands of this zombie have been mutated to a horrible extreme, turning them into scythes for slashing. Deals 3 damage and causes enemies to bleed for 3 seconds

Iron Jaw: The mouth muscles of this zombie have been strengthened in mutation to allow biting down on an enemy. Deals 2 damage per second while clamped on an enemy

Iron Legs: The legs muscles of this zombie have been developed to become hard and tough. Increases speed by 25%

Shambler Caller: This zombie produces a unique scent, attracting zombies. Spawns a zombie every 5 seconds

Methane Cells: The cells of this zombies are filled with methane, causing it to set on fire. 100% resistance to fire, 2 damage per second to nearby enemies and fiery explosion upon death that deals 3 damage. Passive

Level 9
Alright. In that case, do you want me to simplify infected as well? For example

Good idea, i'm not sure how i'm going to do infected though. There are two options, we could have the player be assigned a new infected after every death or have them choose one at the beginning and at a boss part temporarily replace a players zombie with the boss. What do you think?

Level 9
How about this?

Stock System

The stock system is a way players can choose their wanted unit, while adding strategic measures to the game. The stock system is customizable, and is quite simple

In every single map, the infected team has a high amount of zombies, but a limited amount of special zombies. Upon death, a dialog box appears, prompting the player to choose a zombie.

Example. The Shambler is an enhanced common zombie. It is stronger than a common zombie, but weaker than any other bosses. The Shambler also has the highest stock value, being 20. Upon left-clicking the Shambler's icon in the dialog box, a Shambler is spawned for the player. However, spawning the Shambler reduces the stock value by 1. Right-clicking the Shambler's icon however, will spawn an AI controlled Shambler, allowing them to be massed. Only 20 boss zombies can be on field at a time, 8 of which are reserved for players

Although most boss zombies only have 3 stocks, all is not lost. Every 15 seconds, 1 additional stock is added to the stock bank. Killing a survivor will grant 3 stocks to all classes. Shamblers regain stocks every 5 seconds

... I've just noticed something... I have Starcraft II Galaxy, but no beta key :p. Anyway to get a beta key around here currently of the link to the contest?

Last edited:
Level 9
How about this?

... I've just noticed something... I have Starcraft II Galaxy, but no beta key :p. Anyway to get a beta key around here currently of the link to the contest?

You don't need a beta key to make and test maps. just run GE and start modding! only thing beta key does is allow you to play regular SC2

Level 9
i know, i need it to test your beta map later

Are you interested in doing data editing for the game? I dont know what experience you have but if you get the data editor down to a science that could be really useful. I'v been spending all my time in the trigger editor with movement gameplay and UI. If you wanted to take the game on from the data standpoint progress would go alot faster and we'd be a kickass team. Get back to me on it.

Level 9
Anyone else notice that the Trigger editor is easier than the Data editor in starcraft II, but in Warcraft III it was reversed?

I have "Some" experience in the data editor, but until I have more experience, you'll have to make the base design of units. I can edit the map, cleaning leaks and making a smoother triggering system while also fixing small things such as terrain bugs and grammar errors. I would create the data, but I am still learning to use the data editor. I'm doing pretty well too, I can change unit models and I know how abilities are made and how to create one. My answer, not right now currently, but I will be your editor

Level 9
Anyone else notice that the Trigger editor is easier than the Data editor in starcraft II, but in Warcraft III it was reversed?

I have "Some" experience in the data editor, but until I have more experience, you'll have to make the base design of units. I can edit the map, cleaning leaks and making a smoother triggering system while also fixing small things such as terrain bugs and grammar errors. I would create the data, but I am still learning to use the data editor. I'm doing pretty well too, I can change unit models and I know how abilities are made and how to create one. My answer, not right now currently, but I will be your editor

I totally agree, triggering is alot smoother but the data editor makes me want to kill a kitten. To speed up your progress you should look at all these tutorials: i'v gone through about half of them so far. http://www.jx3.net/tdg/forum/viewforum.php?f=101

Level 9
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. There's a way to clean up and organize your data editor. In the data editor, there's a text that says Data Source. Usually its set on "All Data". Ignore that. Towards the right of there, there are 3 click-able icons. Click the first one to organize all the data choices into folders. You probably knew that though

Edit. I found your original key movement system. It seems pretty nice overall, are you gonna use it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.