• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epidemic [A SC2 Infection Game]

Questions

• Do you like the story? (Yes)

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • Do you like the story? (No)

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Do you like the idea that they go to the general store after every night? (Yes)

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Do you like the idea that they go to the general store after every night? (No)

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Do you like the idea that they have to research what kind of infection they have before curing it? (

Votes: 27 65.9%
  • Do you like the idea that they have to research what kind of infection they have before curing it? (

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Should there be more weapons? (Yes)

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • Should there be more weapons? (No)

Votes: 17 41.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Eh? If you actually believe I did that on purpose then you are wrong. If you want to know the real reason behind it all just PM like I said, it was an honest mistake. Trust me, I've tried redeeming but no one cares.

Level 9
I hate to discuss this in my thread, but how can you not do it on purpose? Taking someone elses map and redistrubuting it without giving credit or asking is a filthy thing to do no matter which way you look at it. If you want to talk about this more then please PM me about it, dont talk about it anymore in this thread.

@ Everyone: I have created the loading screen, small details are subject to change but this is the general idea of it:

LoadingScreenSample-1.jpg

-Bane

Level 7
Game Mechanic:
Relocation: Every day after spending one night at a base, during the morning when its still cold and the zombies are stiff from the coldness(-75% Movement Speed), allowing the remaining survivors to relocate and send two survivors or more to the general store to pick up equipment. When relocating, make 75% of the doors locked and have the locked doors be random every game. The coldness will only affect ground zombies.

Weather: Every day, the weather will be random. On cloudy days, cloud will surround the survivors while zombies have a clear vision to strike. On rainy days, the rain will pierce the flesh of the zombies like a knife. During stormy days, it will rain and lightning will randomly strike air units such as flying zombies and the helicopter, delaying it by 15 seconds. On burning days, survivors will dehydrate unless present with water. On sunny days, the heat will warm the flesh of the infected, baking them like an oven but allowing them to come in bigger hordes. During cold days, zombies will spawn less oftenly with a low -75% movement speed reduction. On snowy days, Shacklers will freeze and be unable to move and summoned in hordes while boss zombies can move fine without problem.

Conditions:
Dehydration: The survivor will miss on 50% of his attacks and his life regeneration will be reduced to nothing.
Frostbite: The survivor is very cold and will miss on 25% of his attacks. Frostbite removes heat and dehydration however.
Heat: The survivor is getting really hot. He will suffer from dehydration.
Bleeding: The survivor is bleeding and will take damage over time untill patched up.
Choking: The survivor is choking and will take damage over time.
Stress: The survivor is stressed and will miss 25% of the time while shooting 50% faster.

Notes. Banshees can cause bleeding and choking.

Level 9
Damn dude, those are some GREAT ideas!
For the game mechanic idea im going to do something like what your saying. During the day the number of zombies is greatly reduced and they move much slower because the heat from the sun burns their skin, although days are shorter than nights and during the day they can scavenge for provisions/equipment.

I like the weather idea and im stoked on adding it, i personally think that nearly everything in the game needs to be random so that the game is still fun to somone that plays it alot. How i will do weather is that each 24 hours the weather will change or stay the same (based on a random number) and it will be one of the following:

• Fog
  • Rain
  • Snow
  • Wind
  • Storm

And i like the conditions i am going to add a few of mine to the list aswell.
List of conditions and wounds:

• Dehydration
  • Frostbite
  • Starvation
  • Abrasion
  • Bruise
  • Fracture
  • Concussion
  • Sprain
  • Shock
  • Dislocation
  • Puncture
  • Laceration

keep it up
Cheers,
-Bane

Level 7
Bane, when your making the map, I want to take a look a the Near-Final product and look for some leaks, unless you use jass, which I can read but not do(weird huh?)
I just want to see some terrain and triggers when your creating your map to find leaks.

Level 9
@ Gyrosphinx. Yeah thats true, but i dont want the players to get confused with an infected wound and a zombie infection.

@ Jadegolem. Alright but keep in mind the GUI aswell as the language will be completely different from the Warcraft 3 one.

Level 9
@ jadegolem, thanks for your enthusiasm!
What im saying is that the gui in the scum editor will be much different than the one in wc3 to my understanding.

Level 9
you guys should try to make the map for wc3 so you can balance it more and get the idea for what you'll do so it will be the best as possible as soon as the game comes out.

-Off Note: I'm proabably geting SC2 and if I do, I can host the game for you.

Level 9
@ Shendoo2. Thats acually quite a good idea, i could create a modelless version of the game in warcraft 3 based on ballancing and fair gameplay then create the actual game for sc2

Level 7
so, its gonna be a demo? Bane, since you have 3ds max, you can create models using present warcraft 3 materials. i'll take care of other buisnesses after your finished. i'll look for trigger leaks and spelling errors. btw, try using a custom projectile/particle system for bullets.

Level 9
@ jadegolem. I will mostly keep the warcraft 3 version on my side and not redistribute it, the idea is to setup the general settings of the game before sc2 has been released. And i have been modelling for the game for a while now creating different entities that will included in the game (hopefully blizzard makes it easy to import custom models in sc2) and i plan on doing something unique for a combat system.

@ smartman. it takes place in northwest america (oregon/cali) and as stated in the first post and a few pages back aswell the game is no longer a trek, they are taking up residence abandond buildings in a city and staying there for 28 days and during the day sending search and scavenge parties into the city to scavenge for materials and provisions. So what we need is a general overhead view of the city including different base locations (nothing to detailed just a general layout of buildings/general stores etc) there will be about 10-20 bases.

@Everyone. Website is ready im just working on the forum, should be complete by next week.

We also need more input!
Right now we need ideas on a unique combat system that could be included in game, can you come up with a easy way to attack other than the boring right click that wont be repetitive? If you can come up with the concept of the combat system that is included in the game you will be given credit aswell as ingame assets that refer to you.

And here are 4 crates i touched up, base textures are royalty free.

(each model is only 6 polys)
Showcase.jpg

Last edited:
Level 4
Aight, I got it. This is the "General" Overview of the city. Feel free to add locations or suggest whatever.

Note: I am not the best person at paint as you can you, Lol. It does give an good overview though. I will change it with every good suggestion and anything else that is mentioned.

Edit: Seems there was a load of non-needed space in it that I couldn't see in the paint thing, sorry about that.

Attachments

• OverviewMap.JPG
    OverviewMap.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 119
Level 9
Awesome job man, i love it. Now your job is to add base locations (just simple boxes on the map labeled base #1 through like 15 or so. And also add more stores, such as Food4less, Taco Bell, Ace Hardware. etc. Stores that sell stuff people need.

Level 4
Well the military base is inside the city's limits still for a reason. It was made to help prevent the virus from outbreak in the city and needed to be close so they could help as soon as possible. Something along those lines.

The wilderness I don't know yet though, maybe more bases will be put in it, but it's up to Bane to decide. Originally it was just extra space in the picture file I failed to notice.

Level 9
@ Jadegolem, yes the website is almost complete for the game.

@ shendoo, alright man sounds good i need as many balancers and hosters as i can get.

@ smartman, awesome job dude im lovin the map so far, i like the idea of a few bases in the wilderness and outskirts (maybe about 4 more) aswell as maybe 1 on the coast/harbor. Im loving it dude, keep it up.

@ Gyrosphinx, good idea.

@ Everyone, thanks for the compliments about the crates, i really appriciate it.

Website is online!

The website is online! www.epidemic-game.com
Everyone please sign up on the forums and start posting, we will still be active here but please try to move our conversation over there, feel free to start new threads regarding any of your ideas on the forum, double, triple, quadruple post, its free reign just start looking over there frequently, it will start to get more popular over there and we will eventually have all discussion on the website.

{EDIT}
Alright thanks gyro. For everyone else, please sign up on the website, it will be our MAIN source of game discussion now, this thread will be pretty much dead soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
The project is currently on hold as SC2 does not come out for about 6+ months.

Level 3
SC2 i think, its in beta phase.

if you want this ma to be one of the first to come out with sc2, shouldnt you try and work out as much as possible? maybe make a quick w3 map and try and see if u come up with any problems in mapdesign(triggering and/or terrain).

cant wait to see SC2 and try and have a go with its world editor

Level 9
naah, thats too simple. if it was defend the base, no one would play it. its defend the base then run around the town to the grocery store to buy items from a hobo who supposedly owns everything then run back in time to give out items to save random dying player then run around town looking for the hobo again then find another shelter and then run to the helicopter docks then get on then run and fly away then run back to help slow players to get to the docks then get killed on accident then start over again from the begininng type of game.

Level 8
Seems everything is thoughtfully planned out.
There is a Warcraft Epidemic project as well, but as long as this one is Starcraft 2, I guess its fine.
It looks nice, hoping it will end up nice looking as well. =P Good luck, and hope to see this project out sometime in the future. =]

Level 9
Well.. this topic have tons of text, but nothing special can't see here.

Boring survival

You dont have any decent projects and this project is more unique that something you will ever make. Please dont rip on my ideas when you can't come up with any on your own.

Level 7
Ofc, some of my projects done not for wc3 community.

Don't underestimate my own ideas.

I don't rip you ideas. My idea came up much more earlier.

(When long age ago i started playing starcraft)

Well... im not wc3 fan. :p

Just i say, nothing special can't see here. :p

Anyway goodluck, have fun.

Level 9
When SC2 comes out and we begin development, until then the game will be developed behind closed doors so to speak.

Level 9
Sorry for the very large bump but the project is not abandoned. All of our ideas and information posted in this thread still belongs to our development team and we are still working on the game slowly behind the scenes. Expect a new thread very soon with updated information, the game is being completely redesigned from what is posted here. Expect a new website within the next few weeks aswell.

-Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.