• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Pandaren joining the Alliance: Yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Pandarens need to die. Seriously, they are the most ridiculous race, Blizzard has ever made.
The Orcs should also die, they're horrible copies of the Warhammer Orcs (but seriously let's not make a 1000 post argument about this).

Seriously, even thought the Pandarens are ridicilous they are one of the most original of the races in Warcraft.

Level 13
You might as well say that all of the races of WC are horrible copies of Tolkiens books. What I meant about the pandarens is that they're so annoyingly... annoying. Sorry, can't find a word for it.
Not really all the races are copies, but the Warcraft orcs can be called that in a way, since WC 1 was originally supposed to be a Warhammer game, but games workshop pulled the deal off but Blizzard decided to finish it anyways.

Level 26
You might as well say that all of the races of WC are horrible copies of Tolkiens books. What I meant about the pandarens is that they're so annoyingly... annoying. Sorry, can't find a word for it.
More annoying is your blind rant.

And yes, pretty much all modern fantasy uses Tolkien's ideas.

Or as professional bullshitters say (I hope you people at the RP forums are reading this), "staples".

Level 13
More annoying is your blind rant.

And yes, pretty much all modern fantasy uses Tolkien's ideas.

Or as professional bullshitters say (I hope you people at the RP forums are reading this), "staples".
You forgot Dungeons and Dragons. Alot of modern fantasy also uses that :p . But yeah Tolkien is the first thing to look at I guess.

Level 12
You forgot Dungeons and Dragons. Alot of modern fantasy also uses that :p . But yeah Tolkien is the first thing to look at I guess.

And Tolkien took lore context from Norse mythology. Hate to say this, but it's somewhat pointless to argue about originality in most fantasy genres these days.

Level 13
And Tolkien took lore context from Norse mythology. Hate to say this, but it's somewhat pointless to argue about originality in most fantasy genres these days.
Of course he took inpsiration from Norse Mythology. I dare you to find one completely original fantasy writer who has not taken inspiration from ANYWHERE.

Level 26
Of course he took inpsiration from Norse Mythology. I dare you to find one completely original fantasy writer who has not taken inspiration from ANYWHERE.
It's possible. It's plenty possible, in fact. People just like the idea of borrowing ideas. Just make a bunch of imaginary creatures. It's a lot harder to make your own world rather than making your own version of another's.

Level 13
It's possible. It's plenty possible, in fact. People just like the idea of borrowing ideas. Just make a bunch of imaginary creatures. It's a lot harder to make your own world rather than making your own version of another's.
I guess I'm going to have to agree with you. But fantasy books with 100% original ideas are reaaaally rare.

Level 17
I still remember this speculation from when TBC was under development.
I'd doubt it, the pandaren have been known as a Neutral race, Pandaria won't be so secret after it's used as a start location, and the Pandaren Brewmaster in TFT bonus campaign(Chen Stormstout) allied himself with the Horde

Level 26
Races containing mobs already in the game are unlikely, It would be awkward having murlocs ravaging around red ridge, killing their own kind.
They can make up different factions/types of murloc.

Problem solved.
Even though Murlocs aren't as primitive as everybody thinks (THEY CAN CREATE ART), nor as intelligent, they would hardy make any alliances, due to their hard-to-decipher language (try and understand what does Aaaaaughibbrgubugbugrguburgle mean)
M'urgeglle mutrrgemwembule gurro'l?

Status
Not open for further replies.