1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Paladin's Temple NUMBER 2

Submitted by Mr. Bob
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The remake of an old succesfull model of mine.

UPDATED: Less particles, better effect, and more paladinish.

UPDATED: Even better particles on the death anim.

UPDATED ANOTHER FREAKING TIME: Less particles on birth.

Keywords:
pala, pola, paladin, temple, paula, paline
Contents

Paladin's Temple NUMBER 2 (Model)

Reviews
17:01, 30th Jun 2009 BlinkBoy: Add some fire particles at death and this beuty get's approval. in 3dsmax create a new Particle Emitter 2, set a cloud8x8fire texture, and set it's visibility on death. Turn on the flag "Squirt" and set emission...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 17:01, 30th Jun 2009
    BlinkBoy: Add some fire particles at death and this beuty get's approval.

Suggestion
    in 3dsmax create a new Particle Emitter 2, set a cloud8x8fire texture, and set it's visibility on death. Turn on the flag "Squirt" and set emission rate to 0 by default. Afterwards go to the Curve Editor and Animate the Emission Rate to stay 0 until the explosion time(some time inside the death anim), for this set a very high value like 250/300 and after a few frames make it back to 0 and then add the ending to be 0.

Example of Emission timingin a 50-100 Death Interval:
    50: 0
    60:0
    70:300
    80:0
    100:0

I would suggest to add some extra emitters like a small leaving fire or rocks going all out. However these aren't necessary for approval, just for the act of improving.

(Oh and a tip: save the fire particles in a sepparate scene so you can merge them to your future scenes)

2nd Jul 2009
    Pyritie: Lower the particle count on those birth particles!

BlinkBoy: 152 parts is far enough. I wouldn't like to go against your opinion, but this should be approved after changes.

2. dansaDisco

dansaDisco

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    shit that is nice.

3. Videosurfer101

Videosurfer101

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy cow, that things huge. 4/5

4. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    holy fuck mr.bob you sure do crank out the models fast. this castle is friggin epic.

but i dont think that you need 150 PARTICLES for 5 blue lights to show. that is a little excessive. and also, for the UV wrap, the windows you have around the castle, are cut off at the top. otherwise awesome epic model dude

5. shamanyouranus

shamanyouranus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    This is truly epic. But can't you just use billboarded planes for the glows? And if it's a Paladin Temple, why does it glow blue? Wouldn't it be all yellow and holy?
    And also, during the decay, the tower sink down, but they're already underground, so you can't even see them, but the main building stays in the same spot. Shouldn't it sink down....so, you know...it goes away? Anyway, it looks freakin awesome

6. Deolrin

Deolrin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Judging by the screenshot, this it freaking amazing!

5/5 and +Rep for you.

7. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Check again. It uses 50 particles. XD The emission rate for each is ten. Not sure what you mean though. Are you talking about the particles viewed at any given moment?

Since you guys seem really concerned about the particle count, I'll lower it. And I'll make it yellow.

About the decay, the towers sink, (like a normal demolition) and then the upper portion stays slightly angled during decay. Now, lets think for a second, in a normal demolition, the whole building falls vertically yet slightly angled as if it was sinking. (The twin towers for instance.) But, the rubble stays still. It shouldn't sink should it? I may be wrong...The rubble of the twin towers might be sinking.. I don't know.

I'll fix the particles, but I think the decay is fine. XD Thanks guys.

8. Ghost765

Ghost765

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [23-23-47] Mr. Bob: Someone post something here so I can say I updated it.

9. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks ghost.

I hath updated!

10. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    One word. This is a piece of... AN EPIC MODEL!!! 5/5
    Nice job, but like your first temple it reminds me of something...

11. anarchianbedlam

anarchianbedlam

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    ok ya, thanks mr.bob for bringing up the twin towers :/.... not cool,

anyway, ya, normal buildings dont sink into the ground, but since this is wc3, and as such, DOES NOT HAVE NORMAL BUILDINGS, they need to sink into the ground so they can disappear properly ingame. You need to make your buildings more versatile. Ya i realize that you dont want to make it "cartoony and wc3-ish" but this site is to mod WC3. and if it doesnt fit in with the wc3 style, then what is the point of someone using it in a map?

12. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    True buildings do not actually sink into the ground. They collapse inward though. In reality, buildings do not explode unless a lot of gunpower etc is packed inside. In hollywood, yes, in reality, no.

My buildings are as versatile as I want them. Not to sound rude, but frankly, I hate Wc3 graphics. Period. I will continue to make my buildings like I see fit. If that means sacrificing a few downloads, that is ok.

Remember, no matter the engine, if you have control of the lighting, you can manipulate it to whatever style of game you want. If people only make crappy WC3 style models, there will never be a new looking mod for WC3.

I hope that didn't sound offensive to you.. D: I have a tendency to put things rather plainly. : )

13. breebree123

breebree123

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow! nice looks like Taj mahal :p

14. Malcous

Malcous

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great model , 5/5 :)

15. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks good, but I kinda don't like it's four-sided symmetry (except the door).

16. Mr. Bob

Mr. Bob

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm...Well, it is castly eh? XD

17. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    add 5 polygons asap.

18. punwisp

punwisp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just when I was needinf a massive fortress, should add walls on the outer edge of the model, with a small gate in the middle in front. With of course towers in the corners >.> Then it will just be a epic castle

19. Logitech

Logitech

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awsome i might use this for my map :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.