• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #1 - Poll

Vote for your favorite entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Griin Qwaliteh!!
pedobear_seal820.jpg
seal.jpg

pedobear_seal820.jpg

Last edited:
the hood turned out especially bad since we ran out of time and couldn't communicate on what it looked like
so i had no idea how to make it.

on another note
i think the concept was that it was some holy paladin, who gets consumed by darkness, turning him evil.
like an Arthas -> evil arthas kind of thing, just not with undead

Well to be honest, his character was more of a warrior mage, corrupted and driven wholely insane. He did, however, kill himself and trap a soul in the sword for power. Like a Death Knight-Warlock hybrid.

Level 26
Meh, concepts can either be the easiest or hardest part of a model. Just depends. But debode is right, the fact that a concept was finished early does not necessarily automatically make a model "worse" or "better". It would depend on the concept itself. If it's a shitty concept to begin with then sometimes it wont matter how long you spend on it. and vice-versa.

Level 10
The general just says that the Concept IS the most important aspect of a model. Not only of a model, but of everything. Imagine Zelda not having the concept of rescuing the princess from my claws. The franchise wouldn't be anywhere without that concept. and no. Not everyone finished their concept the day they teamed up, and I'm 100% sure that's true. So, bottom line, Concepts are important, but are both the hardest and the easiest part of any model or something else.

Level 13
I'm voting for the elite siege engine, it fits well into the warcraft theme, its anims are epic, and everything about it is just way too awesome.

Level 49
Poll closing in 23 hours. I know infinitynexus has been working on his judging today and will probably finish it before the poll is over... But what about SuPa-? He said he could do it before the poll ends, does anyone knows anything about it?

Not like I care about it in particular, nor am I being impatient. Just being curious here. :)

Level 4
I don't like the mask of the The Human Executioner! Cause it's kinda weird

I like the Elite Siege Engine but there's something missing that I'm looking for.

I like the Death Mistress

thumbs up for Johanus Foul's great and smooth model

For the Dwarf monk Pilgrim I like it except for the mustache

Bandit Berserker I think it's just a normal model but not common

Status
Not open for further replies.